Hobby store was robbed last night! Police caught the thief!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David K.

Legend
5.00 star(s)
Security bars and heavy back door with an alert system.. ...their got in by opening the front door! Picked lock on front door. Stole baseball cards and a Pokémon card that was graded! Alarm when off and they called the owner and the police around 2:00 AM.....owner showed up....however police did not arrive until hours later! Best regards, David

Last edited:
Same thing happened to the main sports card store in Syracuse last year but that was robbed twice and the perps were caught on their third attempt. This card store was not as lucky as the one in this thread because they did not pick the locks, they smashed the front door with a sledge hammer both times!!! On the first robbery, the thieves stole $33,000 of unopened material.

These days if you have cards of value you probably don't want to publicize it because of robberies like this.

But a few of the items they stole...like the pokeman card PSA had photo of them .....with their numbers...and my hobby store contacted all of hobby stores in town and some of the big collectors of pokeman. Letting them know it's stolen stuff and let them know if any tries to sell it to them to contract them. Best regards, David

Last edited:
Our local shop got hit 6 months ago. They caught the kid in Texas and tied him to a multi-state spree.

This is horrible and hope it doesn't become a trend. Hopefully all of you that have card shops local or the one you frequent outside your area mention these various break-ins to the owners so they can possibly avoid the same issues others shops have.

Billy

The card shops probably have insurance. Which would be a good thing for some collectors. I keep getting the ads from the Beckett website for insurance, thinking I should get some soon. I wonder if the insured shops actually come out ahead by getting rid of inventory that wasn't moving.

Good news.....the theft tried to sell the graded baseball cards and the graded Pokémon a few days ago ...guy tried a hobby store near highway 99....owner looked at the cards... (guy wanted $2,000 for the graded Pokémon card) and told him the cards were stolen..
Guy picked up the cards and lefted the store...however, it was all caught on vedio tape...which was given to polive as evidence! Then the idot tried another hobby store ..trying to sell the Psa Pokémon card....dealer asked him how much did he want for it....guy said a few hundred or more if possible....dealer said to him u know it stolen! ! Idiot says I should never have brought it from *** store....however. how did he know the name of the store! Unless he was the crook! Best regards, David PS now police are closing in on him.

Idiot says I should never have brought it from *** store....however. how did he know the name of the store! Unless he was the crook
Huh? I don't understand . Is "*** store" the store he stole it from? I got confused at this part, and your question after it.

He was claiming he brought from the store he robbed! But how would he know....unless he was the crook.
Oh so he was just tryin to make it sound like he had bought it there... as if it had been reported stolen prior to that store having it. Yeah. Pretty dumb. He's obviously desparate or just not knowledgeable in cards and grading. Break the damn thing open and resubmit it haha!

Good news.....the theft tried to sell the graded baseball cards and the graded Pokémon a few days ago ...guy tried a hobby store near highway 99....owner looked at the cards... (guy wanted $2,000 for the graded Pokémon card) and told him the cards were stolen..
Guy picked up the cards and lefted the store...however, it was all caught on vedio tape...which was given to polive as evidence! Then the idot tried another hobby store ..trying to sell the Psa Pokémon card....dealer asked him how much did he want for it....guy said a few hundred or more if possible....dealer said to him u know it stolen! ! Idiot says I should never have brought it from *** store....however. how did he know the name of the store! Unless he was the crook! Best regards, David PS now police are closing in on him.

Great news for all. I hope this will deter thefts in the future.

Update on the last store.....someone try to get into later that night.....maybe to rob it or was he trying to destroy the video tape??? Best regards, David