Home after a week.... and a HOF surprise!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t.rooster

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Spent some quality time w/ old friends rafting down the Rogue River for a week. I came home to a bunch of envelopes. Since starting this whole ttm thing about 3 yrs ago I've exhausted the reliable signers, get trickle returns from the maybes and now reaching out to other traders with ttm trades, 50/50s & deliberating on buying cards if they are $5. & under, something I refused to do earlier on.....
I was really happy to get my '75 RC & '76 from Doug Konieczny.....

Made a trade for a '78 Craig Swan, a signer I've never had success with.....

Got back the last cards needed for Johnnie LeMaster, a '78 & one for the '85 project.....

Jim Colburn, Rich Gossage & Horace Speed all signed their '79 card.....

Brian Milner signed his '81 RC....

Numberous returns from my '85 Topps & '90 Donruss projects, which I will not bore you with, but always happy with the returns from the coaches: Cory Snyder, Chuck Crim, Barry Lyons, Mariano Duncan (2nd try).....

The big surprise came, not in the SASE envelope, I included, but a larger note card envelope written on his 2006 HOF induction stationary.... I had made a couple drawings in my request. A hairier version of him on the envelope and a more trimmed earlier drawing in my handwritten letter to him. Bruce Sutter wrote me back thanking me for my drawings & signed his '77 RC, '78, '79, '81 & for my '85 set hits the #9 record breaker and his #370 regular card! Wow.... something like this just makes all the lost cards in the mail seem inconsequential (even though they're not). Happy returns everybody.

WOW Bruce has never been much of a TTM signer, at least he never was for me, great success, how did you get through to him??