How do they know about UNSEALED packs are " HOT PACKS "

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff1975

Pro
5.00 star(s)
Just wanted to know how People can sell Unsealed packs & know that there is a "guaranteed" Auto . They sell on Ebay.
THANKS !!

My guess is that they are weighing them or measuring them. I am guessing that the thickness of the pack or the weight of the pack would be different for packs containing autos or GU cards. But that is just a guess on my part. Seems shady to me which is why I would never buy one.

Bryon

I have often wondered that myself. They could be busting boxes and down to the last pack and know that it is one of the guaranteed hits.

At one of the Nationals in California......Dealer had packs of 1993 Topps Finest and a sign indicating a refractor was in every pack....packs were about $25.00...when this product first came out....there was one refractor per box! There was 24 packs per box....There was about 3 or 4 watching ...as one person brought a pack...and sure enough..there was a refractor in the pack! Only way this could happen......brought some low graded refractors and insert them into the pack and then resealed them. Best regards, David

Last edited:
We noticed on his table...he had about twenty to twenty refractors....all badly off center...and not one big name player.......guy pulled a George Bell refractor that was badly off center.....we needed in his display.....he had about 4 or 6 more George Bells! Best regards, David