how do you collect your fave team?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Pro
5.00 star(s)
For me when it comes to the Phillies the player has to be in a Phillies Uniform. I just saw Josh barfield is now with the Phillies and i checked to see and I have his rookie auto in the Padres uniform. I will not move that to my Phillies collection.
How do you do it? Do you care if they are in your teams uniform?

For the vast majority of the Brewer cards I have they need to be in Brewer uniforms. There are a handful of cards out there that have the Brewers team name on the card and pic of the player in his old uniform or vice versa.

There is only one exception to this rule for me. My favorite Brewer player Geoff Jenkins. I will collect his items in a Phillies uniform. Partly because some of his best autos and game used are in that uni.

Frank

I only collect Detroit Tigers in Tiger uniform. I used to collect them in any uniform, but I realized that once a player, for example Dontrelle Willis, left the cards of him in Marlins uniform seemed out of place and really had no value to me. An exception to this is my favorite player, Miguel Cabrera. I'll pick up anything of him and will still collect him if he leaves the Tigers.

For Michigan Wolverines, I collect them in any uniform.

Last edited:
As a monstrous Yankee collector, i ONLY consider a card a Yankee card if the team name on the card is YANKEES.

There are times when the picture shows the player in another uniform but the team name is Yankees, and thats a Yankee card to me, usually it means the player switched teams at the last second before the card went to press and they couldnt change the picture but they changed the team to Yankees.

If it says any other team name, even if the picture is in a Yankee uniform, then its NOT a Yankee card to me.

Now then, i also have a non-Yankee part of my collection, and i am always interested in nice cards of guys who played for the Yankees. For instance, i love the 1958 and 1959 Roger Maris cards showing him on the Indians and Atheletics, and in modern days i enjoy having older non-Yankee cards of guys like Sabathia, Teixeira, etc, but they are NOT in the Yankee albums, they are NOT part of my Yankee collection.

My Philllies team sets contain just those Phillies with Phillies as the team name on the card. If I happen to get a card/player with Phils uni and another team name, I'll hang on to it and include it with my team set, but don't go out of my way for them. Just me... I could be wrong! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
As a monstrous Yankee collector, i ONLY consider a card a Yankee card if the team name on the card is YANKEES.

There are times when the picture shows the player in another uniform but the team name is Yankees, and thats a Yankee card to me, usually it means the player switched teams at the last second before the card went to press and they couldnt change the picture but they changed the team to Yankees.

If it says any other team name, even if the picture is in a Yankee uniform, then its NOT a Yankee card to me.

I feel the same about my Red Sox. If the team name or Logo is Red Sox, then it is part of the team set, regardless of the uniform. If the picture has a Red Sox uniform, but another team name on it, I do not consider that part of the team set.

Scott

For my team collection, I consider them to go into the collection if they have A's as the team name, or in an A's uni. These can be difficult to always find, and I will pick them up when I find them, but don't really go out of my way when it is easy to find the others. Maybe once I get a little higher on my % of cards I will start that hunt. I also collect cards of the A's minor system.

Maybe the cards will need to have a "Team Card" stamp on them, like they did with RC's so we will know what is a team card and what isn't :)

- Chris

I collect one card from every player that has played for the Marlins. When a new player comes in, I collect one RC, and one card from each team he played with. When a player leaves the Marlins, I will continue to collect one card from every team he plays on from then on. For example, in my PC I have 12 cards of Todd Zeile.

Zeile, Todd FLA, AAA, LA, CHI, TEX, NYM, BAL, STL, NYY, PHI, COR, MTL

I collect one card from every player that has played for the Marlins. When a new player comes in, I collect one RC, and one card from each team he played with. When a player leaves the Marlins, I will continue to collect one card from every team he plays on from then on. For example, in my PC I have 12 cards of Todd Zeile.

Zeile, Todd FLA, AAA, LA, CHI, TEX, NYM, BAL, STL, NYY, PHI, COR, MTL

Just wait until Matt Stairs signs with the Marlins... :)