How do you organize your collection??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Well after doing this same exact thread about two months ago. lol. i too got alot of good replies and ideas, but i had to find what would work for me, i am not sure i call myself a collector, i have no specific team, well a few i like to follow but not really collect YET.... Although i have been bitten by the TTm bug i have found that my massive hord of cards are great for building a few monster sets of TTM collecctions. when it comes to a player i have to pay for they get put to the side and maybe i will send them the money to sign.

but as for organizations, i have decided to use microsoft access. its actually pretty easy to use once you figure out what and how you want to collect and what fields you want to use for organization.

i have 12 crammed full monster boxes and a few binders. that i am once again going through and putting in access, it will allow me to know what box (they are numbered) and then what row to search to find that specific card i want to send out for the next TTM.

but how ever you choose to organize them, remember if you dont know where the card is you have to search everywhere, so make it easy to look at and then find.

and Enjoy...
Dave

i put my gu and au in a binder going from highest bv to lowest bv

inserts i put all in binder but soon going to have to change that because im starting to overflow

really dont collect anything other than baseball so i put all my multisports in one box

a couple of my boxes are very very random i haven't decided what i am going to do but for now im seperating all the 2000's and up on one side and 80's 90's on the other side

vintage i keep all in one box

a while ago i had a 4 row box that i sorted all 50 cent, 75 cent, $1.00, $2.00, 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

i still have that box but have picked at it every-now-and then

and finnaly sets
sets i keep in binders if they range at like 250 at the most otherwise i am using boxes, but i use binders when i am doing master sets

I am in the process of resorting my cards. I keep my player collections in order by base, inserts, parallels and GU, autos, then by brand and year. I have always kept everything by year and brand up until now. I am sorting out by player then team and it's taking me forever. My individual sets are by box and someday I hope to have every set I own in binders.

My trade boxes are organized (hah! did I say organized!?!?!?) by type then by year.
I have a monster box for autos & game used.
A monster box for inserts.
A monster box for parallels.
A monster box for Serial numbered.
A monster box for Short Prints.
Star trade boxes are organized alphabetically, then by year.
Commons organized by Year then Brand in monster boxes.
Most of the PC is in Monster boxes organized by Year and Brand.
Complete Sets are in 800 count boxes stored in standard storage boxes (9 sets per box).
Whew...with all this organization, how come I STILL can't find the last card to fill a trade!!
Anyway, that's my 2 cents, hope it helps.
Scott