How long should I wait before sending another autograph request TTM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jhens76

Prospect
So I've only been TTM collecting for the past 2 months and I've already received returns from 25 players!

I acquired a couple more cards from a player that I already sent to and received a TTM autograph from about a month ago.

Is there etiquette to how long I should wait to send another request? I don't want to send to soon and have the player feel taken advantage of and be like "oh this guy again!"

Anyhow, please share your thoughts.

The longest return I've gotten back is a few years, but that's at the very longest. Maybe in another week or so, it can't hurt. I've never sent to the same player after he hasn't signed for me once, but it couldn't hurt. Good luck!

What I'm asking is how soon is ok to send to someone who has already signed for you?

For example, Rex Hudler signed for me last month. How soon is to soon to send another card for him to sign?

I collect Angels autographs, and the cards I sent to him were expos.
I recently got an Angels card of his and want to get it signed for my Angels collection.

Oh Ed...Ed, Ed, Ed...

Of course, I have not been one to TTM so I can't be accused of taking advantage of a player (other than getting 18 Gaylord Perry autos at the AquaSox game this past summer!!), but I buy lots and lots of signed cards. If I could have complete card runs of many of these guys, I would! Some I do already. I just loved signed cards and the more different copies, the better!

For example, I have the complete run of Claude Osteen Topps cards, signed, from 1959 to 1976 (minus 1961, because he didn't have a card that year).

I'd say about a month should be good. What I don't understand is why you need him again if you already got him once.

If I did do TTM, I would probably wait a few months between requests. Depending on the quantity of requests a given player gets, odds are they won't remember you in a fairly short period of time and I doubt many would take the time to track names/addresses, although some may.

Oh Ed...Ed, Ed, Ed...

Of course, I have not been one to TTM so I can't be accused of taking advantage of a player (other than getting 18 Gaylord Perry autos at the AquaSox game this past summer!!), but I buy lots and lots of signed cards. If I could have complete card runs of many of these guys, I would! Some I do already. I just loved signed cards and the more different copies, the better!

For example, I have the complete run of Claude Osteen Topps cards, signed, from 1959 to 1976 (minus 1961, because he didn't have a card that year).

If I did do TTM, I would probably wait a few months between requests. Depending on the quantity of requests a given player gets, odds are they won't remember you in a fairly short period of time and I doubt many would take the time to track names/addresses, although some may.
Hey, I wasn't saying there was anything wrong with it, in fact, I've done it myself. I was just wondering why this specific collector needed this specific player again, which he explained well.

PS. I just got Osteen a few weeks ago, for my Rainiers collection that is.