How to ship my collection overseas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tygercub12

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Now that I live in Germany, I'd like to get my collection (among other things) here. I am guessing that I'd need at least 1/2 container. I do not trust the airlines so I won't be bringing any cards with me that way (only my nicer GU and autos as carry-on luggage). I want to bring everything, including my 800 count boxes of 89 Fleer and 90 Score and totally worthless crap.

I am not military and I wonder if anyone has experience with international shipping for civilians. I know UPS offers container service but I think it's only for businesses. Does anyone have an idea how to get stuff shipped over? It'd likely be going from Newark, NJ to Hamburg, Germany, where I'd pick it up.

Thanks,
Loren

There are places in Jersey that you can lease a container (they have different sizes) and ship it to the country of your choice.

Most people that lease them usually sell excess space to others who need something shipped. You just need to find one that is going to your destination. The ones I know of only go to Portugal and the fees aren't too bad. I shipped over 2 gas powered scooters back in 04 and it cost under $100 each, they go by the dimensions of the box you bring them.

EDIT - found this, plenty more on google search
http://www.shipping-worldwide.com/germany.htm

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! I had used Google before but wasn't sure how reputable some of the companies are. I definitely want to insure it and I think I'll only be sending base and inserts... my Jeter collection will either stay in NJ or I'll somehow carry it on... same with my autos and stuff.