Huge hit: my first pack of cards i bought in about 2 years!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronxbombers7

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
hey guys ive been gone for a while, the other day i was looking at some of my collection and decided i was going to get back into the hobby. Yesterday i want to my local card shop and decided to buy 1 single pack of 2012 Gypsy Queen (which i never heard of and do not know anything about this series as i have not bought/ even looked at a card in a few years) I opened the pack and... I pulled a triple auto/ triple relic card of Mets greats: Darryl Strawberry, Doc Gooden, and Gary Carter

By far my best hit ever in a single pack... nice welcoming back into the hobby. lol.
added pic to my photo bucket.

well played. And I thought I did well with my 2 WalMart boxes yesterday with a Denkinger relic in one box and a Prado in the other.

hit

hey guys ive been gone for a while, the other day i was looking at some of my collection and decided i was going to get back into the hobby. Yesterday i want to my local card shop and decided to buy 1 single pack of 2012 Gypsy Queen (which i never heard of and do not know anything about this series as i have not bought/ even looked at a card in a few years) I opened the pack and... I pulled a triple auto/ triple relic card of Mets greats: Darryl Strawberry, Doc Gooden, and Gary Carter

By far my best hit ever in a single pack... nice welcoming back into the hobby. lol.
added pic to my photo bucket.

Very nice, I have opened about 10,000 packs in 2 years and nothing even close to that. I guess its like playing the lottery.
Congrats.

Very nice card! Congrats on the great pull! I've also been on a break from collecting, and considering picking some stuff up. Maybe I'll pull something nice also!

John

SELL NOW!

I don't see how it could do anything but plunge in value. Carter died, but his autograph is not hard to find and it is a sticker auto. Gooden and Strawberry won't get any more popular and neither will ever be HOFers. That is grossly overvalued if you ask me, or was that a recorded sale price?

It is a nice card for a Mets fan and has a decent look to it, but most new, low serial numbered cards like that drop in value when the newer issues are released. Even when they resurface years later, it seems at least with my case, they sell for less than they did when they were brand new (generalization of newer, low s/n cards resurfacing years later).