I don't get it

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I personally would like to see Donruss. I enjoyed chasing their ridiculous amount of colored parallels to every card they made. I thought it was fun. I know a lot disagree and I can certainly understand. I don't think Upper Deck will be able to. I'm to the point of never buying their new stuff again. They have owed me a $15 replacement for 2 years now and it has been marked shipped for 6 months. No answers of course. Ridiculous. At least Topps makes good on their redemptions...

Tom

Very good points, but Im wondering do any of you think that someday another company may get back into baseball. I personaly think there will even if its because Topps wants in another sport that is locked up as baseball is. As Im not sure who all has exclusive right to what sport or what not. But I think this could happen, but it might take 5-10 years or longer.

Isn't that one of those really rare high #'d mini SP'S? I think the Pujols is going for about $75-$100 as did his black box from 2010 Heritage. Topps has done a good job creating supply (and therefore) demand issues on some of their regular edition- non auto or GU cards. When was the last time we saw a non RC, non-#'d, non-auto, non patch card go for $50 to $100 consistently on Ebay? I am used to buying Pujols SP's for around $10 when they come out. Topps will (and already is) have a much easier time manipulating the market now that they are the only real, major player.

Actually this is the only Strasburg card in A&G. He has no base card.

I don't think that money is an issue here. I think that the main point is bragging rights. The rarer the card the more you have to talk about. If you have millions or hundreds of thousands at your disposal, what's $500.00?? If everyone didn't get on the band wagon it wouldn't go anywhere. My question is:

Where is Brian Taylor??

Definitely agree that the people buying these cards now are buying at the height of the curve. Unless they flip in the very near future, I don't see how these values can hold.

Todd

Although it will never happen again most likely, some would say it's crazy to pay $500 for a Ryan RC. If you had been collecting in the beginning (when they were issued) a few cents would have gotten you the card. Even into the 1980s, you would not have had to spend that much to get it...maybe...MAYBE into the double digits!.

I've gotta laugh! 1982 I had a ad in the BHN (Baseball Hobby News) where I was buying Ryan RC's at $20 each. I got about 20 of them in the mail. They helped put me through college! You'd have to get a ton of Strasburgs to get through college these days!

Always good to have extra money,..
I have a friend that spent 1500.00 for two Barbara Streisand tickets.That's insane I believe, but he had the cash,.
This probably sounds a little weird but when you mix greed with lust amazing things will happen I believe,its human nature.I enjoy this hobby but my lack of resources keeps me very well grounded.

Clint