I feel like I've cheated on my girlfriend...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I'm a member of four trading sites, and this is by far my favorite.

SportsCardForum is similar, but larger, which can be either good or bad. Frankly, I find myself posting more on the Chit-Chat board than on anything card/autograph related over there. I've written a few articles for them as well, two of which were combined into one and put in the December issue of Tuff Stuff. I'm known as *censored* over there.

TTM Hockey Autos. I left this board for about 6 months after a severe disagreement with the board's management. If you want to see a bunch of intolerant asshats and an administrator who goes out of her way to please the wrong people, just look there. I'm back on it now, but nowhere near as active as I once was. There are still some good people there, but a few bad apples ruin the whole bunch. I post there under HockeyBrawler.

Baseball-Fever. Good site for trading baseball, but no other sports. As the name says, it's all baseball. I post there (rarely though) under EmergencyCatcher.

I got back into the Hobby in 2009 and until recently was only on Blowout.

I like the fact that Blowout requires posters to list prices if cards are FS. If I'm buying, I expect the seller to know how much they want for the card and to be up front about it. People do seem to do a lot more buying/selling there though, and it's easy for posts to get lost in the clutter. And, there are more folks that post their case breaks and multiple box breaks there, too.

Ever since Blowout did their Black Friday deals, there's been a huge number of new members joining. I think that naturally changes the atmosphere of the forums, and there's been a lot of chatter in the last few months about whether that's good or bad. The Blowout Mods, Pat and Robert, do a great job, but there are only two of them.

Anyway, I finally branched out to here last fall and am glad I did! It's been great to trade with you guys (and gals) so far! I LOVE the trade manager here. My work schedule keeps me really busy so it's great to have an idiot-proof system to track confirmed deals.

Even though they're different, I think both are a great resource for collectors. I can't see myself joining any other sites for awhile!

...and when you cheat on your girlfriend, it always comes back and bites ya.

I've recently had a very nasty exchange with a member of blowout so I would imagine I will be heading back home for good soon.

Lesson learned

Colvin

I'm pretty pragmatic about the different trading site choices out there as they do offer different things. I have accounts and am fairly active here on The Bench, Sports Card Forum, Blowout and FCB. My thoughts (I only traffic in baseball so I'm only commenting on that context):

The Bench
- hands down the best overall trading site. Great for set builders. Not much activity on box/case breaks. Little interest in prospecting. Nicest userbase.

Sports Card Forum
- 2nd best for trading. More active box/case breaking. More buying/selling which is neither good nor bad. Somewhat more prospecting action. Mixed userbase.

Blowout
- No trade manager so my least favorite for trading. Pretty good for buying singles, very good for buying/trading from box/case breaks. More prospectors active.

FCB
- My favorite in terms of an actual forum with news and discussion. Very well informed userbase with lots of folks who have brick & mortar stores and/or ebay stores. Best for group breaks and box/case breaks. Very prospector aware. The worst of the lot for trading due to lack of trade manager and low traffic for traders. Users tend to be a bit arrogant. Above average buying/selling area.

one more example of how FUN it is over on Blowout!

I posted three Sam Bradford cards in the "FOOTBALL SINGLES BUY/SELL/TRADE" with the title "Anyone like Sam Bradford?"

I was them told by a member there...

"Please Read Blowout Forum Rules. "Anyone like Sam Bradford?" Is not acceptable.

FT: Sam Bradford Cards; this is acceptable. If you post like this we will delete your threads, because it waste peoples time. Thanks"

Really?

How did I do in my reply?

"If they like Sam Bradford...wouldn't you think they would be interested in looking at these cards? As soon as they open it up it says the cards are for trade....also, it's in the "FOOTBALL SINGLES BUY/SELL/TRADE" section so wouldn't that tell you that it's regarding singles for buy/sell/trade?

I can understand having rules but calling this a waste of time if kind of ridiculous.

I have changed the title to keep in line with the rules over here."

Thanks

Colvin