I Found This Use of "Authentic Player-Worn" from Leaf to be Disturbing and Probably a Type of Fraud

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoDoesKnow

Bench Warmer
I found this in another forum when doing some research into this stuff. The 50th anniversary dodgers patch is from 2008. Will Smith was approx 13 yrs old at that time.

It is implied that Will Smith used this... to the extent that an attorney general would be well-justified in bringing a lawsuit. Original thread here.

Saying "not from any specific event" etc should say "not from any specific player" in these cases. This isn't about the Will Smith card, this is just an instance where it becomes clear that the player did not wear this. The greater issue is what concerns me.

50th anniversary.jpg

He could have easily worn it in an office for 20 seconds before they chopped it up. Happens all the time. Unless it specifically states game used or has any provenance I assume it is just a random relic

He could have easily worn it in an office for 20 seconds before they chopped it up. Happens all the time. Unless it specifically states game used or has any provenance I assume it is just a random relic

This is exactly it. Companies just buy a bunch of jerseys and don’t care whose names are on it and hand it to them.

I’ve even heard unconfirmed reports that many of these jerseys have every inch covered in patches so that they get to have 30 patches from every jersey. That’s how you end up with random patches sewn onto a jersey that shouldn’t exist.

Unless it says game worn, don’t touch it. Even then, make sure you do as much research as possible on it.