I just sent 6 Vintage cards off to BVG. (UPDATE Pic Added!!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nsucolonel

Rookie
5.00 star(s)
I JUST RECIEVED MY EMAIL THEY SHIPED. THEY ALSO GAVE ME THE GRADES OF THE CARDS. WOULD YALL LIKE TO WAIT ON THE PICTURES OF THEM GRADED OR JUST POST THE GRADES NOW? tHEN POST PICS WHEN I RECIEVE THEM. (CAPS IS ON BECAUSE IM EXCITED ABOUT THE OUTCOME)

GRADES:

1954 Red Heart Mantle BVG 4.5
1952 Bowman Mays BVG 5.5
1953 Topps Robinson BVG 5.5
1953 Bowman Color Snider BVG 6.0
1950 Bowman Hodges BVG 7.0
1964 Topps Stand Up Mantle BVG 8.0

I am very pleased with the outcome. It did better than I thought. Plus Im not selling so it really dosnt matter the grade to me. Well I hope yall enjoy and I will post Pics as soon as I get them. Let me know what yall think.

Maybe yall can answere this question. I was told that BVG is the hardest grader. Im used to using SGC. So is it true that a BVG 8 is equal to a PSA 9?

Thanks,

jason

JASON

Well I had 2 free grades from BVG. Also they had a deal of any vintage card for $6. So I picked out 6 cards to send off. Usually I only deal with SGC. So this is a first to me. Just wanted to see what yall thought would be the outcome of the following cars?

scan0029-vi.jpgscan0026-vi.jpg
1964 Topps Stand Up Mantle Unpunched

scan0023-vi.jpg
scan0024-vi.jpg
1954 Red Heart Dog Food Mantle

scan0027-vi.jpgscan0021-vi.jpg
1952 Bowman Willie Mays

scan0015-vi.jpg
scan0023-vi.jpg
1953 Bowman Color Snider

scan0011-vi.jpg
scan0022-vi.jpg
1953 Topps Robinson

GilHodges002-vi.jpgscan0025-vi.jpg
1950 Bowman Hodges

These cards are in pretty good condition. But was curious to see what my fellow Benchies thought.

Jason

Last edited:
Beautiful cards, and I really wouldn't worry about the grades too much. Especially since I get the feeling you are not intending on shopping them. The BVG cases are very attractive, and they offer extreme protection for the cards.

Tim

Beautiful cards, and I really wouldn't worry about the grades too much. Especially since I get the feeling you are not intending on shopping them. The BVG cases are very attractive, and they offer extreme protection for the cards.

Tim

No I dont have any plans to sell them. I really do it for the protection. This will be the first time I have used BVG. I do like the black insert in SGC a little more. I couldnt pass up the free 2 grades and the others for $6.

Jason

I can't be much help as I'm still learning about vintage condition, but I have a Warren Spahn from the same set as your 53 Snider that is in similar condition (though the Spahn has better centering) and it is graded an SGC 40 VG. I would expect yours to get a similar grade.

Based on what I can tell and my limited interest and exposure to graded cards, I would guess around a 40 average for them. I can see "flaws" with each one and the grades drop fast when you can see things with the naked eye. The 64 Mantle looks the best, but it has 2 white corners on the bottom. Not sure if this one could jump to a 50 or 60.

Good Luck. Nice group of cards.

I think it's a great idea for authenticating an old piece of cardboard...............They'll be more valuable and legit...............

Really Im just doing it for the protection and to display. They are in really good shape in my mind. I hope they grade well.

Jason

Definately some nice cards. Will not get high grades though IMO. I've never used bvg, but I'd say the 3 best ones would be 5's if submitted to PSA. It is good to have vintage graded just for authenticity purposes. Good luck on the grades hopefully you'll get some good ones.