I need a little help/ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Socal2b2

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
I have boxes and boxes of base cards a lot of inserts and bunch of numbered stuff from about 2002-2010. I buy a cpl hobby boxes a month, and all I care about is hits. I dont collect base cards inserts and #ed cards unless they are under 50. So I have tons of stars cards and even more commons obviously. They are basically unsearched. I gave my buddy a shoe box for $20, he turned around a sold it for a little over $100 and put together 2 sets. (Note he did find a Ryan Grant Rare SP #Ed Rc, which was the majority along with some nice #ed stuff.) Now Im not saying all the boxes have that kinda stuff in them. But I know there are:

Baseball: Pujols, Jeter, Arod, Griffey, and all those guys
Basketball: Kobe, Durant, LBJ, Wade, Blake, and all those guys
Football: Brady, Manning, LT, AD, Moss, Vick, and all those guys

I dont care about base, and 90% of the time I dont even look at them. (My buddy says I ruin the hobby.)

My question is I dont want to just throw them away or give them away, but I dont want to sort them either.

Any ideas or anything what I should do??? I know theres $1000s of dollars in BV in there but I also know there are tons of worthless commons, and tons of time sorting through everything.

Lemme know anything will help

Looking to cut great deals!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

You don't leave much in the way of choices....so you could package up some USPS flat rate boxes....sell them for shipping plus what $$ amount you want for the cards.

would anyone be interested in those???? What do u mean u dont have any choice, what other things do u reccommend to do?

I said you didn't leave many choices on what to do with the cards....That was my only thought on what you could do....start a thread here and see what kind of respose you get, it might work since it is newer product.

from what you describe. You might want to reconsider sorting at least SOME of those cards. Sounds like you could put a nice list of stuff up and probably get something you might be looking for. Start with the #d stuff. Its not uncommon for player collectors to give up decent star cards to fill a few holes in the old PC.

clinton

Duke,
I agree with Clinton. It'll be harder to sell the entire lot in one shot, rather than doing some sorting. A baseball collector may not want any basketball cards, etc.. Also, some sorting between brands and years may be helpful. For example, someone who would want the 2009 UD may not want any 2003 Topps in their lot.

You could try posting on the sell/trade sections for baseball, basketball and football on this site to see if there is any interest.

Jeff

Doing at leaset some sorting does not take that much time. My guess is you could sort your cards at least by team, and you could easily find members on here that would buy the more popular teams. I would think the other teams could be sold on ebay, just with a little more work. Of the years listed I would be interested in the Brewer cards you have.

Frank

I give cards like that to my kids at school (I teach). So.....I would be interested. I have some GU/Autos (nobody big) that I could throw your way if you come up with a count.

Tim

Trade night

Days
Hours
Mins
Secs
Trade night is on!

Click here to join the fun!

Sponsors

Latest posts and bumps