I'll share something that doesn't require much thought.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

that said , the sheer volume of potential buyers/sellers on ebay means a seller may find someone willing to pay more - enough to make up for the fees - or a buyer may find enough options that he can find a card for even less...

that said , the sheer volume of potential buyers/sellers on ebay means a seller may find someone willing to pay more - enough to make up for the fees - or a buyer may find enough options that he can find a card for even less...
there are many more buyers on e-bay, the point is you may find here what you look for without the volume of sellers and their FEES!!

my point was obviously missed....

as a seller , the larger target audience and increased exposure could easily mean more than enough opportunities to sell the card at a level that more than makes up for the fees...

as a buyer , the sheer volume of items available may mean you can find the same item for less even with the fees simply because of the number of sellers competing to get the sale...

in short , it's definitely NOT ALWAYS quite so black and white...

as a seller , the larger target audience and increased exposure could easily mean more than enough opportunities to sell the card at a level that more than makes up for the fees...

as a buyer , the sheer volume of items available may mean you can find the same item for less even with the fees simply because of the number of sellers competing to get the sale...

true but tell me anything in life that is?

I personally prefer selling on here, I feel like since we have a great community on here, people are going to give a fair price (on both ends) and will also make the transactions as smooth as possible. I always appreciate everyone on here!

Blessings,

Kevin

I like selling here as well - lots of nice people for sure and I've made many many trades and deals over the years.

I make a lot more of my transactions elsewhere - and what is said above is true. The exposure more than makes up for the fees in most cases.

Here you may get a couple hundred sets of eyes on your stuff but eBay or COMC get you a lot more eyes on your cards. That's why I send so much to COMC - it's easier to sell stuff there and buy what I really want than it is to trade.

I like selling here as well - lots of nice people for sure and I've made many many trades and deals over the years.

I make a lot more of my transactions elsewhere - and what is said above is true. The exposure more than makes up for the fees in most cases.

Here you may get a couple hundred sets of eyes on your stuff but eBay or COMC get you a lot more eyes on your cards. That's why I send so much to COMC - it's easier to sell stuff there and buy what I really want than it is to trade.
I have never bought any cards from COMC. I buy cards on here (obviously) and on Sportlots. I have never had an issue receiving cards from Sprotlots. The only issue I had recently was when I paid for a card and then the seller said it was no longer available. I really do not believe him (or her) because the card was a 1964 Topps Giants Clemente that I purchased at a really good price. I think they just did not want to sell it at that price. Do these things happen on COMC? Another thing that scares me about COMC is all the horror stories you here about waiting months and months to receive your cards. Maybe I am just getting bad information. Is it true that people have to wait a long time to get cards that they have paid for? I will not buy anything that I will have to wait months for to receive.

Bryon

Byron,
With COMC buyers can't back out of the sale.

If you have an account with COMC you can buy cards and have them hold them there and ship once you have a lot built up as you wouldn't want them to ship just 1 or 2 cards each time as the shipping cost would be crazy. I bought cards over the last year and just let them sit there, once they are purchased they are moved to your account and unless you mark them for sale they cannot be resold.

I requested shipment on 1/11/21 for my 270ish card lot and it will not even ship until mid April. The shipment preperation time is horrendous right now but it was not this bad until the Pandemic started.

Byron,
With COMC buyers can't back out of the sale.

If you have an account with COMC you can buy cards and have them hold them there and ship once you have a lot built up as you wouldn't want them to ship just 1 or 2 cards each time as the shipping cost would be crazy. I bought cards over the last year and just let them sit there, once they are purchased they are moved to your account and unless you mark them for sale they cannot be resold.

I requested shipment on 1/11/21 for my 270ish card lot and it will not even ship until mid April. The shipment preperation time is horrendous right now but it was not this bad until the Pandemic started.
Sportlots offers something like also. It is called box shipping. I have never used it so I do not know how long it would take to receive the cards. I will usually buy a bunch of cards from seller to save on shipping costs that way. But the order I just put in was for a bunch of different cards from different sellers so the shipping was a little high. But the cards I ordered were a bunch of the variation cards which I have found have been very difficult to track down. If it is something that I really want then I am willing to pay the shipping costs to get the cards I want. But there are some people who want to charge 3 or 4 dollars shipping for one card. I refuse to do that. I have no problem paying 1.00 shipping for a card that I really want. If I have said it once I have said it 1,000 times. cards are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them. I know there are people who get upset with this outlook. But the last time I checked, the book was not buying cards. And if it "selling on ebay" for such and such amount then go there and sell it.

I have always been a fan of COMC and was a fairly steady customer for almost 10 years. They were local, which doesn't matter a whole lot since they never offered a local pick up option, but just made it seem that much better. HOWEVER...The 3 month wait for my last order to ship (I'm still waiting for a ship date and I requested the shipment on 12/3/20!) is so far beyond unacceptable that I am severing my ties with that company and will never spend another cent there again. They left loyal customers hanging in order to serve single serving ebay and amazon buyers. The pandemic probably didn't help much, but this seems to be their excuse that they must think is valid and acceptable.

I am not on a crusade to destroy them, but I will offer my negative opinion of them as often as it seems appropriate now. It's disappointing too, because that was a pretty great way to pick up cheap autographs. I like to pick up signatures of Dodger nobodies as soon as they join the team and COMC was a major contributor to my Dodger auto collection over the past 5+ years.

COMC killed their loyal customers by making them wait months to get their cards that they brought.........No apologizes or discounts....While the cards on ebay....got first class shipping.......and we their loyal customers got nothing....Then they hired a new CEO and promised to make things better and hired more employees......Loyal Customers got nothing.....I been a Loyal Customer for about 10 years.....I would buy about 10 to 12 times a year.....This year only one time ....I brought from them and I used my credit on my account to get one card. Give your former customers a good reason to come back....more credits and faster service...and apologize for hurting them. Then u might get us back. Best regards, David

When selling on Ebay you have to figure in the 10% fee so for example I sold a 2018-19 Hoops Luka Doncic BV $200
wanted to make at least $100 clear so put it up for $125.99 took best offer at $115.00 + tax buyer paid $121.90 so
with the 10% fee I made $109.71 and I don't wait to pay as soon as buyer makes payment I pay the fee.

I love buying on Sportlots search on there at least a few times a week maybe more and also look for best shipping'
sometimes a sellers card might be a few pennies more but there shipping is much better.

As far as COMC bought I few cards on them never had a problem but only really go on the site maybe once a month
if that.

Curious how did this become about COMC? Went off the damn rails
You were talking about selling cards on here and someone brought up other another place to sell cards. Then I brought up another place that has cards for sale. Getting people to talk about different avenues of card sales is a good thing in my opinion. And usually if you have a thread that is active it helps out with some of your other threads. The more people you have viewing your threads, the better. At least that is what I think.

Just my thought of the day.

You were talking about selling cards on here and someone brought up other another place to sell cards. Then I brought up another place that has cards for sale. Getting people to talk about different avenues of card sales is a good thing in my opinion. And usually if you have a thread that is active it helps out with some of your other threads. The more people you have viewing your threads, the better. At least that is what I think.

Just my thought of the day.
You may have point but the COMC thing got personal you ask me. How is that helpful?

It's helpful for people to know what they are dealing with, much the same way you knocked ebay and their fees.

And like good publicity and word of mouth can be helpful, so can bad publicity and word of mouth be harmful to those people/companies, but also helpful to potential customers too. When you screw someone over, you might get screwed yourself. In this case, I am happily spreading my newfound distaste for COMC when it is appropriate, like I was pumping them up before when they were treating me right.

As David stated, they ****** around longstanding customers (both he and I were frequent buyers for close to 10 years) and it clearly seems to be in favor of the quick and easy ebay/amazon bucks. One of the biggest reasons for their success in my mind was the combined shipping (buy now, ship later model), but when a buyer buys now and chooses to ship later, when they are finally ready to ship they don't want to be told that 3 months from now is the best they can do unless you pay an expedited fee.

I don't see myself ever returning to them as anything but an occasional ebay auction customer (Maybe...but they are charging $5 s/h too, which is also a joke).