in dire need of $$ so offering up a few nice items....after christmas price cuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

all the best with moving, it is a great opportunity for purging and organizing....

i wish it were just that.....i've been in this house for nearly 17 years and planned to remain here til the end.....when i signed my original lease in 1998 i was told that if i stayed for 30 years i would own the place - it was a "benefit" that was never actually put in writing though so when my landlord passed away and his family brought in an outside property management firm to run the business i was told they wanted me out ASAP so they could renovate the place....i'm down to 8 days left and i have found NOTHING within $250 of what i'm paying here which is already at or beyond what i can truly afford right now....combine that with my house full of cats and over 2 million cards and i am totally lost right now.....in need of a job...a home...and more time.....as for purging and organizing...that's a laugh....i'd like to cut back to about a million cards , but that requires a lot more organizing and time....i've started brand new organizing projects several times since 1990....never made it through more than 20% before running out of time and each time i restart it takes longer than before....i have plenty complete sets put away along with tons of partial sets in pages stored in boxes that are numbered and cataloged in my excel sheets....also have over 1000 other base products sorted in monster boxes though i still have plenty more unsorted cards yet to be added in with them - and frankly , besides now being out of time , i am completely out of room....even if i can find a place , it will mean having to restart my organizing project - and that means AT LEAST a 2-year setback....i just can't see this as any kind of opportunity - only another body blow....~sigh~.....sorry for the ramble...didn't intend to bring my gloom-and-doom to the boards .....now back to the home search

I'm glad that you could vent that outrageous situation that you are in, Claude. Man, that is a real dilemma you are in and I wish you some immediate relief out there.... all the best.

I'm glad that you could vent that outrageous situation that you are in, Claude. Man, that is a real dilemma you are in and I wish you some immediate relief out there.... all the best.

thanks ...

theespecially frustrating part is that i moved in knowing the house didn't meet code and that's why my rent was so low.....they say they're going to come in and spend about 5k to renovate it....BUT , i've been told by several reliable sources (people wo work in real estate or with the city here) that if i move out , the city will condemn it and bulldoze it.....built in 47 , the plumbing is substabdard...the wiring even worse (can't run the toaster and presto griddle at the same or ANYTHING at the same time as the microwave without tripping the breakers).....67-year old windows...sheetrock EXTERIOR walls which are mostly disintegrating due to massive water damage from the severely leaky roof (the one thing that WAS repaired back in 2004)...and it's alsab house which has shifted off the foundation...you can stand INSIDE and see two inches of OUTSIDE around the back side.....so....i know when i leave , they are going to have their feelings hurt...and to think - i've already paid 4 times in RENT what my old landlord BOUGHT the place for and i have nothing to show for it....praying for a great old big christmas miracle now....i know it's a dump...but at least it has been MY dump for almost 17 years and i wanna stay put....

also , bumping to mark one more item sold.....jeter orange uncommon breakey went on ebay (payment pending , so i'll leave the pic up til he pays)...

My place isn't as dilapidated, but it's nothing to brag about either. I live in the wet dark redwoods, the place is not insulated, single pane windows, you can see cracks of light in the wood doors coming from the outside. Space under the doors where crickets, spiders and an occasional alligator lizard crawls in from. The base board heaters work, but I can't afford to run them, so it is the wood stove, which isn't sufficient for the back bedrooms, where I clean w/bleach because mold starts to set up. When the electricity goes out, which it does several times during the winter storms, I have nothing for heat. The beautiful thing about it is the landlord doesn't charge me much for it, I've looked at moving and the rent is crushing, so I know where you're at. Wishing you a big 'ol phat Christmas present in the form of affordable shelter.....

hey , it could be worse i guess....

i replies to 3 craigslist ads....got replies from 2 of them....

stupid STUPID scammer.....

he sent the EXACT same e-mail from different fake owners ...he only changed the address , the rent , and the location he and his "wife" were living now....brianiac even made up one e-mail address using the REAL NAME of an ACTUAL realtor...problem is , the guys claims to be mike gustus living here in columbia south carolina , but the REAL mike gustus is over 2000 miles away in SASKATOON CANADA....

i just spent the past hour filing reports with the ftc and other legal entities ...just hope they can get this scumbag ....at least his e-mails were funny....i even replied to one giving him pointers on where he went wrong and how he really needs more practice if he wants to be a successful scammer.... :)

and on a brighter note....the jeter breakey was paid for and went out in today's mail....home til monday now so will try to add more goodies to the original post over the next day or two..

there is never any shortage of scummy people and despite all the downward spiral in this world, it's important to remember what's important...... Merry Christmas to you.

3 days til e-day (sadly that also happens to be the day before the birthday) so bumping again with reduced prices for this week....

still trying to get more stuff organized to add here , but in the meantime i'll make this offer ....for any bench member who uses the BIN on any of my current ebay listings between now and wednesday the 31st , i'll give a 20% discount....buy 6-10 items and i'll also cut shipping inhalf...buy more than 10 and shipping will be free....just let me know your bench user name and that you saw this message before paying so i can adjust the invoice....

another bump in honor of .....

one more item SOLD ...

and....

5 more breakeys (including an orange and a super rare) found plus one nice jersey/auto added....

well , the new item sold almost immediately......

still looking to make a few more deals and hope to get more new items added this weekend before we resume setting up at a local flea market next weekend....

updated to reflect 2 more recent sales and one price change.....

hope to have more new items added shortly.....

Hey -- is your wants page up to date? I have a lot of your guys but I wanted to make sure before I went digging for them. I'd be looking for newer patriots/red sox cards or tradebait or selling cheap. Let me know and I';ll start hunting. I know I have some sidney rice rookies at least.

Hey -- is your wants page up to date? I have a lot of your guys but I wanted to make sure before I went digging for them. I'd be looking for newer patriots/red sox cards or tradebait or selling cheap. Let me know and I';ll start hunting. I know I have some sidney rice rookies at least.

most of my wantlists are up to date , but for the most part right now i am having to hold off on any buying and doing very little trading ....i am now 2 months overdue in trying to find a new place to live so i am still in despearte need of money for the move and really need to reduce my inventory for the move whenever i finally find a new place....once i find a place , get moved , and settled in , i hope to be able to do a little more buying and trading....

(ps - i also got your PM with this exact same message though i had not had a chance to reply yet.....at a bit of a loss as to why you posted it here in a thread that clearly points out my need to only sell for now due to my financial crisis - guess i should say thanks for the free bump :) )

Yeah sorry I'm still learning the system here. The messaging page was being super glitchy so I wasn't sure it went through.

gotcha....no problem....as i say though , once i get my crisis taken care of and have more time and funds available i'd definitely be interested in hearing what gamecock material you have available....