IP pens/markers for Chrome cards???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quambomb

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Does anybody know what kind of pens or markers Topps and Bowman use for their on card autos in the Chrome sets (Bowman Chrome or Topps Chrome)? I have had players sign these cards in sharpies, but they always seem to produce an auto that is broken up by the writing liquid morphing in odd ways. Any help appreciated as we look forward to getting more IP autos this baseball season.

I believe they use Staedlers which are fairly difficult to come by and pricy unless ordering them. You can also either use baby powder and sprinkle a bit on the card and rub it in to make the card 'less glossy' to allow the ink to stick normally.

I believe they use Staedlers which are fairly difficult to come by and pricy unless ordering them. You can also either use baby powder and sprinkle a bit on the card and rub it in to make the card 'less glossy' to allow the ink to stick normally.

I checked out the site, but am unsure as to what wort of "pen" they use. I'd assume it is their permanent markers. They also have rollerballs and some other types

Sharpie makes one that is used for CD's/DVD's. They work just fine, I use them all the time. I think they only come in the 4pack varity colors. They cost the same as regular sharpies and you can get them at Staples or Office Depot.

I checked out the site, but am unsure as to what wort of "pen" they use. I'd assume it is their permanent markers. They also have rollerballs and some other types

It is the Staedtler Lumocolor Permanent. I have never used them, but know people that do and they work nice. I always 'rub down' my cards with baby powder instead