IP Successes - 6/13 Toledo Mud Hens (at Syracuse) (and some 50/50) PHOTOS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

montserratplay

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Phew! Well, it's been a fun past few days. I braved the terrible rain to go to the ball game because I knew it was the last rehab start for Austin Jackson and I wanted to get him.

Standing out in the rain was not fun; the game was delayed 20 minutes and the graphers beside the dugout were getting rained on all the while. It was worth it; Rondon (who should be in Detroit) signed before the game, as did Castellanos (who made a point to sign before warmups...very cool) and Jackson. (Jackson came out a little bit later than everyone else, but he's earned the right. He was very cool with the fans near the dugout, too.)

Holaday was nice, even though the darn rain muddied up his auto a little bit.

As the game went on, the rain stopped. Hitters were not bothered by the conditions; the Chiefs scored a bunch of runs off of Misch early on, but Castellanos and company caught up and ended up winning the game 9-7. Alburquerque and Rondon pitched beautifully in relief. The latter struck out the side in the ninth with 95 MPH heat, but some tiny control problems. He got results.

After the game, I got a little lucky. There weren't too many graphers and I think I was the only one who wanted guys like Misch and Lennerton. (I confused the latter pre-game with Douglas, the gentleman who plays on the same side of the infield. I felt like a jerk, but I apologized after the game and Lennerton signed for me.)

I met a writer from Grantland, too, there to write a story about Mike Cervenak, a long-time minor leaguer. The writer is a great guy and he inspired me to send out some darn queries for my own stories. If you haven't checked out Grantland, do so with a quickness!

So the elation of the game was tempered by today...I had a flat tire and waited for roadside service for three hours. I made use of the time; I read a whole Stewart O'Nan novel. (He's the guy who wrote that Red Sox book with Stephen King, too.) Now I have to hope that repairs won't cost too much. Grr. Such is life.

233685.jpg
233684.jpg
233683.jpg
233682.jpg

Here are some 50/50 IP I got from my first such completed transaction. Very cool!

232930.jpg

I'm guessing you must have had help with Nick, congrats but at same time I really wish that Austin would have rehabbed here with the Whitecaps

I'm guessing you must have had help with Nick, congrats but at same time I really wish that Austin would have rehabbed here with the Whitecaps

Sorry that A-Jax was with Toledo instead. He's the "biggest" Tiger I've ever gotten IP. (Well, aside from Denny McLain, but he's a classic Tiger.)

Castellanos was good for 1 per before and after the game. (Some folks had big photos for him and got more than one.) The folks on SCN said he was good, too. Did I get really lucky and catch Castellanos in a good period?

Nevermind thought I saw 3 of Nick, yeah he started 1 per his first year with the Whitecaps because of ebay dealers that would try getting him to do pages EVERY game. They made the mistake of telling his good buddy Rob Brantly that they had over 500 cards that they were gonna try getting signed by him that season. We have gotten lucky with rehabs, Granderson, Ordonez, Inge, Guillen to name the most current. I was hoping for Austin to come here just because now I have room for photo's so wanting some current guys for the man cave lol.

nice job with Toledo. How was Leon Durham? He refused every game when he as in Durham this year except for one game. That was the one game that I didnt go to.

Nevermind thought I saw 3 of Nick, yeah he started 1 per his first year with the Whitecaps because of ebay dealers that would try getting him to do pages EVERY game. They made the mistake of telling his good buddy Rob Brantly that they had over 500 cards that they were gonna try getting signed by him that season. We have gotten lucky with rehabs, Granderson, Ordonez, Inge, Guillen to name the most current. I was hoping for Austin to come here just because now I have room for photo's so wanting some current guys for the man cave lol.

Wow...500 is pretty nuts. I don't think it's bad to want some to trade from a player, but 500 is overboard.

Congrats on getting Grandy and the others. It was a big thrill to get a big-time current Tiger. I don't know if I'll ever have a proper mancave, but I'm pleased you have one. I can't believe how much cool (and small) stuff I've gotten in a past couple years!

nice job with Toledo. How was Leon Durham? He refused every game when he as in Durham this year except for one game. That was the one game that I didnt go to.

Well, I'm 2 for 3 with him at games, but I can definitely see that he's sometimes not in the mood to sign. (At least, I think there was one time I didn't get him.)

If you're interested in a trade, let me know; the 1988 Score is a little smudgy, but the other is just fine. I also have this one:

1986 Leon Durham Topps 460 IP Auto 7/13/2012 (Cubs) 1 IP

nice job.have met holaday a few times(he went to TCU).very very nice dude.