Is Beckett.com being a pain for anyone else right now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I've been trying to subscribe now since the new year, and haven't been able to yet. I'm starting to question if I want to even waste the 12$ a month for a site that is never functionable...I'm sure there is a lot of work that needs to be done to run a database as vast as theirs, but the downtime is just absolutely ridiculous when asking for $.

I've been trying to subscribe now since the new year, and haven't been able to yet. I'm starting to question if I want to even waste the 12$ a month for a site that is never functionable...I'm sure there is a lot of work that needs to be done to run a database as vast as theirs, but the downtime is just absolutely ridiculous when asking for $.

The biggest thing is that everyone uses Beckett, and they basically have the market cornered because there is no competition, and everyone goes by their prices. It seems like they are down at least once a day. But when you have the market cornered, they really don't have to worry about anyone leaving because where would we all go haha

The fact that they continue to sell subscriptions even when their database is down is borderline criminal. I know of numerous people who have bought subscriptions in the past month and a half to not be able to use the site due to whatever 'glitches' they are experiencing on the given day. I can only imagine the number of complaints the BBB has received about Beckett.

The fact of the matter is, eBay is becoming the standard in terms of value. Beckett themselves have started turning to what something sells for in attempt to find a value for a given item. After all, something is only worth what one is willing to pay for it.

Steph

so glad i haven't renewed my pricing subscription in many months. been using checkoutmycards for prices as needed but have survived pretty well without the opg

The fact that they continue to sell subscriptions even when their database is down is borderline criminal. I know of numerous people who have bought subscriptions in the past month and a half to not be able to use the site due to whatever 'glitches' they are experiencing on the given day. I can only imagine the number of complaints the BBB has received about Beckett.

The fact of the matter is, eBay is becoming the standard in terms of value. Beckett themselves have started turning to what something sells for in attempt to find a value for a given item. After all, something is only worth what one is willing to pay for it.

Steph

Beckett Media has an A- on BBB!?!?!?!?! They are not accredited by them, but how do they have an A-???? I just filed a report with them so i'm hoping others are doing the same. Took me about 3-4 minutes to fill it out.

Still getting the error page... how long is this supposed to take? Has anyone seen an ETA?

- Chris

It went from just a few hours last night, to "Just fixing a couple of small problems"....and yet its been almost 4-5 hours of down time today since I last got on.

Beckett Media has an A- on BBB!?!?!?!?! They are not accredited by them, but how do they have an A-???? I just filed a report with them so i'm hoping others are doing the same. Took me about 3-4 minutes to fill it out.

I filed one last friday too.

Well, the site is at least functional right now... but it is as slow as it has ever been.

This isn't the "New & Improved" Beckett site that we've heard so much about... is it?

Well, the site is at least functional right now... but it is as slow as it has ever been.

This isn't the "New & Improved" Beckett site that we've heard so much about... is it?

I'm hoping its not but for some reason I think it is...remember the old site? Remember how easy it was to use? Then they created the "New and Improved" site and it was worse...now they are trying for another one....Maybe we'll get lucky and get the old site back hahaha

the url still says "beta", I'm thinking they tried the upgrade and it was epic fail so they restored from backup.

I sent an e-mail to customer service which politely explained my frustration over the past few months of poor performance, as well as the promises of the new site's launch being pushed-back every week.

I told them that I no longer wanted to be a customer and I asked them to cancel my membership and send me a refund.

I got a reply from someone in their customer service department, who said they would cancel my membership and refund my last payment.

My membership has been canceled, but I have not received a refund yet. That might be something that takes a few business days... we'll see.

If the new site ever gets launched and it performs well, I might come back.. but I'm starting to think that I might be able to live without OPG

Website at 8:08EST. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Hang in there just a few minutes and the new site will be here.

--- IT Guy (posted Tuesday, Feb 8, 7:02 PM)

The new site is now up, but I can't log on hahaha...been waiting 5 minutes now and it's still "Loading"....hmmm

Update: I just got on but its very slow. Maybe a lot of people are on it?

Last edited:
Hang in there…new site will be here shortly.

--- IT Guy (posted Tuesday, Feb 8, 7:39 PM)

I am still getting this message