Is the hobby starting to fade away??,...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doesn't really bother me too much that the new products are kind of boring and limited because there is so much from the past that is still out there to acquire. For me I will always have stuff to hunt down because my PC involves such a wide range of players and span of time.

I agree. With so much nice stuff made in the past, I'd go broke if they still made nice cards. The 90s inserts were always some of my favorites and I can now collect cards I drooled over at the card shop 10+ years ago.

I don't think the hobby will ever completely go away though I see it getting worse with time. Those who love to collect will always collect and may be the only ones left years down the road.

I am on the other end here. I actually like that there is only one base company (Topps). I have always built the Topps base sets from scratch and still do it. Yes I pick up different cards here and there, but not to any extent.

I have been working on my older sets that are missing a few cards, but usually can't drum up any trades, so off to Sportlots to buy the cards.

I have to agree. I don't mind not having new cards. As i rarely buy wax. And really don't like to buy hype players.

I guess I should just treat it as bigger challenge.I'll keep chipping away at my A. Belle collection,the incomplete sets.I'm sure that I'll still buy some new product but no where close to what I use to.I know I'll keep trading too,can't resist that.
It is good to know that I am not alone with my concerns about the future of the hobby,but as was quoted earlier,I'll make it what it is.

Thanks for your input everyone,
Clint