Is there

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scc76

MVP
5.00 star(s)
a magazine out there like beckett that gives you values of different autos? Or where do you
go to get values?

Tia

There is no publication that I now of that lists autograph values, it sure would be interesting though.
I generally price stuff myself if I'm selling it.

The following all factor in.
Popularity of the player
How often they sign/signed
Living/Deceased
Actual item itself, a Rose RC would go for way more than an 86 Topps
If I had to pay for the sig to begin with
Market saturation

I've come to learn that MOST autos are worth WAY less than people think. Many times I've listed large handfulls of cards @$1 each and often many don't sell. So unless you got multiples of that guy when you sent to him, your losing money. That's fine because I hope we are not here to make money on this overall but it just illustrates that most things are not actually worth what they are listed for.

There is no publication that I now of that lists autograph values, it sure would be interesting though.
I generally price stuff myself if I'm selling it.

The following all factor in.
Popularity of the player
How often they sign/signed
Living/Deceased
Actual item itself, a Rose RC would go for way more than an 86 Topps
If I had to pay for the sig to begin with
Market saturation

I've come to learn that MOST autos are worth WAY less than people think. Many times I've listed large handfulls of cards @$1 each and often many don't sell. So unless you got multiples of that guy when you sent to him, your losing money. That's fine because I hope we are not here to make money on this overall but it just illustrates that most things are not actually worth what they are listed for.

I wasn't thinking about selling but thinking about trading and was wondering what value to ask for in return.

thanks Stanley

I see, I think the same factors apply but I don't get swept away with detail when trading. I generally just know when it's the right deal when trading, "what do I want worse the stack of card in front of me or the stack of cards in front of the other guy"?

I see, I think the same factors apply but I don't get swept away with detail when trading. I generally just know when it's the right deal when trading, "what do I want worse the stack of card in front of me or the stack of cards in front of the other guy"?

Thanks so much for the input.

Stanley