Is this a lowball/disrespectful trade offer by me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

timfsu2k

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Thanks for the opinions guys. Closing the thread as I should never had posted it on a public forum anyway, bad choice made in the aftermath of being yelled at over a baseball card.

Last edited:
Doesn't look like an out of line offer. Might just be a case of unrealistic expectations on his part. To some people anything less than a Williams (Ted, not Billy), Joe D, Babe, Hank, or Mays for a Mantle card is an insult. Not much you can do other than walk away. You could blast him back, but that usually leads nowhere. Trust me, I'm an expert on continuing things that go nowhere.

Personally if I were you Tim and I really wanted to move the Ashburn and it is truly in nrmt condition, I would send it in to be graded, sell it on Ebay, and then buy a nicer condition Mantle for my collection. Oh yeah and still have the Bunning to boot.

Personally if I were you Tim and I really wanted to move the Ashburn and it is truly in nrmt condition, I would send it in to be graded, sell it on Ebay, and then buy a nicer condition Mantle for my collection. Oh yeah and still have the Bunning to boot.

Yea, you are probably right. I've actually considered sending the Ashburn in to have it graded but never have gotten around to it. Probably afraid it will come back less than NrMt and not make it worth the cost.

Oh well, like I told this guy - it's only cardboard, no need to get riled up. I'm over it.

Thanks guys.
Tim

offer seems good to me but i agree when it comes to mantle people think they have gold anfd it is worth hundreds thats the problem

Sounds even to me.

Same story happened to me I offered 3 cards 300 BV Value

For a card I really was interested in 175 BV value.

He then decided to tell me about ebay values and such.

Sorry you couldnt work your deal out.

Trade values aside, anyone blasting anyone over a trade offer is in the wrong.
As you said, it's cardboard. Politely refuse the trade and move on. Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.