Is this real???

75zito

5.00 star(s)
Is this real or did seller just remove the GU from the card? lol.. i've never seen this before but I was wrong:rolleyes: about the hand written #d cards.. so figure I could ask?

EBAY LINK

Thanks
Christopher

scottzoe

5.00 star(s)
It is possible. I have a 2005 Vlad card that is supposed to have a piece of a base, but the base is missing. I pulled it myself, so I know it can happen, but I can't shed any light on the Zito.
Scott

cmcjr99

5.00 star(s)
real ? yes ....but only in the sense that it exists....

although there is a VERY SLIGHT chance of it slipping through QC and into a pack , it's most likely not a pack-issued card ....just something very similar to all the bankruptcy liquidation (and other backdoored items) cards out there from collector's edge , fleer , pacific , etc ....

cmcjr99

5.00 star(s)
by the way...

a HUGE clue to the legitimacy of that card ....

just check the rest of his items for sale....the entire first page (i only looked at that one - didn't need to delve deeper) is nothing but items without the autograph , memorabilia , or serial number that the standard pack-issued item would contain.....

i feel even more confident that he has a ton of bankruptcy items and/or back-doored items that should never have hit the market...but hey - at least he is honest : "NEVER RELEASED IN PACKS" :rolleyes:

theplasticman

5.00 star(s)
i feel even more confident that he has a ton of bankruptcy items and/or back-doored items that should never have hit the market...but hey - at least he is honest : "NEVER RELEASED IN PACKS" :rolleyes:
Yeah, that's pretty much it.

These are legit cards but they may not have been obtained legitimately. It's really hard to say. I usually go after stuff like this for my players.

75zito

5.00 star(s)
Im thinking about buying.. just to say I have it.. funny thing is Zito "non GU'd, GU'd" is like 5x more than I normally pay for his "GU" lol:D

cmcjr99

5.00 star(s)
Im thinking about buying.. just to say I have it.. funny thing is Zito "non GU'd, GU'd" is like 5x more than I normally pay for his "GU" lol:D

and the guy selling them probably got 1000s of them for a few cents each since they were likely considered junk/trash that couldn't be packed out....

fwiw , a lot of those same items tend to pop up in the $19.99 boxes that can be found at places like target - not referring to the variety boxes of unopened material , but the junk boxes of 100 or 200 assorted football cards...i bought one of those - ONCE...never again....my best "hits" were a brett favre edge hologold that should have been numbered to 10 and a pacific wrtie stuff michael vick "non-auto"....looked just like the real deal except it lacked the auto and the foil stamp over the "authentic autograph" logo....

Sponsors