Jeter rookie card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

louboy10

Prospect
Can someone explain to me how Jeter's rookie card is from the year 1993 instead of 1996.Thanks Tim

Because back in the day a RC was actually the first card of a player as opposed to the current "rules" today. A lot of times a popular player would get a RC when they were drafted instead of waiting for them to make the show. Griffey, Nomar, ARod and Chipper are other examples.

Because back in the day a RC was actually the first card of a player as opposed to the current "rules" today. A lot of times a popular player would get a RC when they were drafted instead of waiting for them to make the show. Griffey, Nomar, ARod and Chipper are other examples.

Not sure of the others, but you're wrong on Griffey. He was drafted #1 in '87, but didn't play in the majors until April '89. No MLB Rc before his UD #1 was produced. I'd wager ARod is the same with his first RC in 1994. I think any cards before then were in his HS uniform.