Jimmy V Golf Tournament

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLNoble13

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Tim (DMBfan) and myself headed out to the annual Jimmy V Golf Tournament today. Last year we had a great success and once we got there early this morning the set up was quite different, 2 courses instead of 1. That was challenge #1. Challenge #2 different set of celebrities and didn't know how they were going to be and which course they would be on. During the practice, driving range time for the celebrities, I picked up a few here and there, the big stars seemed to not want to sign. Overall all of the celebrities were great except for one who I hav enow lost a ton of respect for.

2/2 Boris Kodjoe - actor from the Resident Evil movies.
1/1 Melanie Collins - signed an index card
1/1 Maureen "Mo" Collins - actress from Mad TV, one of the funniest and nicest celebrities there today. Personalized an index card
1/1 Madylin Sweeten - actress from Everybody Loves Raymond. Quite drunk but very funny
1/1 Mark Gottfried - head basetball coach at NCSU, very personable
1/1 Josh Henderson - actor from Dallas, only TV show I know him from. Very personable
1/1 Scotty McCreedy - American Idol winner, got him early this year
1/1 Randolph Childress - Played college basketball at Wake Forest. Was a fantasic college player and played with Tim Duncan
0/1, 0/1 - Alonzo Mourning - talk about a miserable person. He was just plain rude, said all day he would sign afterwards. After what? the hole he was on? The round? Well turns out he lied and didn't sign afterwards.

244463.jpg

Kris Tschetter - LPGA - signed a golf ball, hit a double Eagle on the hole I got her. Said it was her first ever double Eagle
David Garrard - football player, Went to ECU, my fellow alum. Actually played high school football against him and we beat him his senior year 48-0. He then proceeded to tell the media he was still the best QB in North Carolina at that time. Nonetheless he was still great!
Thurl Bailey, Sidney Lowe and Terry Gannon - signed my 83' NCSU team photo

244469.jpg

1/1 Grant Fuhr

244470.jpg

Cards picked up

Bates Battaglia 3/3 - all for trade, funny guy, told me not to call him Mr. Battaglia again this year! Won Amazing Race wit hhis brother this year
Bobby Cremins 4/4 - all for trade, always a pleasure to be around. Miss him a Georgia Techs coach
Keyon Dooling 1/1 - for trade, quite but nice
Jermaine Dye 1/1 - set hit. didn't realize he would sign more. :(
Al Harrington 3/3 - all for trade, very nice
Jim McMahon 1/1 - personalized everything, no name, no autograph. otherwise quite pleasant today
Tim Hardaway 4/4 - signed everything put in front of him. Very nice guy
David Justice 1/2 - not very friendly, was in the right place for him

244471.jpg

And These :)

244472.jpg

Rick Barry 2/2 personalized everything. Actually told me to get a silver sharpie to sign the Action Pack card. Was in a great mood today and signed everything
Roger Clemons - 2/2 set cards! Was a signing machine. Was in the right place for him at the hole. He was signing 1 per and then when he got to me I told him he could personalize both and they are for my set. He went ahead and signed both!

And then there was this

244473.jpg

Emmitt Smith 1/1 - shocked the crap out of me that he signed! He did have his own black sharpie he was using but I could care less! I never thought I would meet Smith in person much less have a Smith autograph

Last edited:
That is one heck of a day! Congrats on an amazing haul! Sounds like you had fun!