Joe DiMaggios Legends Game and TTM success'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hatesgoats

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Well I had been meaning to go to the JDLG for the past few years and never could but did today. I also ran into the PR/Marketing person for Joe DiMaggios Childrens Hospital who used to work for the company I do work for. I heard some bad news from her...Last night when Minnie Minoso was heading to the game the limo went to pick him up and instead of going to the airport he had the driver take him to the hospital in Chicago where he lives...bummer number one. I asked her to hook me up with a little private Brooks time and last night at the dinner he took a fall and broke his collar bone ...bummer number 2. Then I said ok what else ? She said they were scrambling for players as half of the guys on the list were not there.... Weis Sievers and Otis were no shows. Bummer number 3 ok enough bummers. I got one baseball signed and I had to get his attention by speaking to him in Spanish which is fine(My daughter in law is from Nicaragua)...It was Orlando Cepeda so I got one HOF er today. I met ABE ABE (barry ) from the Bench and saw him there....I also let him know that Willie Horton was signing at a table and he got him as well. Well it was tough let me tell you ..it was suppose to be 70 it was 86... I was melting, it was humid. I was not dressed appropriately.
They changed alot of things so I feel lucky to get who I got:

Cookie Rojas 72 & 73 Topps 72 is gone
Tony Taylor 72 & 73 Topps 72 available
Willie Horton 70 & 74 Topps 74 is FT
Al Downing 67 & 68 Topps
Ron Swoboda 1969 Topps and 1969 Mets Yearbook
Bert Campaneris 73 & 74 Topps
Rico Carty 70 & 71 Topps
John "Blue Moon" Odom 74 Topps he signed it with nickname !
Al Hrabosky 73 T asked him after he signed his name to add the mad Hungarian and he did so I got 2 nicknames today !
And of Course a ROMLB signed by the baby bull Orlando Cepeda.

I have not posted about TTM's because the mailbox has been empty...I have had a few stragglers come in the past couple of months...I expect the next week or so some to start coming in as 10 days ago I did a huge mailing and I am getting my Spring training mailing ready as well.

Tony Oliva sent 380 days ago
RTS W/$request Hobie Landrith and Gaylord Perry
Summer Sanders 2010 A&G
Kelly Kulick 2010 A7G
Regis Philbin 2011 A&G
Jos Hamilton 2010 Chicle
Jorge Cantu 2010 Chicle
Brian Roberts 2010 Chicle
Javier Vasquez 2010 Chicle
Ernie Banks 2010 Chicle :D
Bobby Valentine 1976 T
Dave Duncan 1972 T
Jay Johnstone 1982 T
Jim Qualls 1969 T
Billy Williams 1968 Topps :D
Jason Jaramillo 2011 Topps
Gaby Sanchez 2011 Heritage
Chris Coghlan 2010 Bowman Platinum
Ryan Kalish Bowman Chrome
FootBall
Sterling Sharpe 1990 Fleer
Tony Mandarich 1990 Fleer
Sammie Smith 1989 Score
Hockey All 1969/70 Topps All Blackhawks I sent out the team set
Doug Mohns
Ken Wharram
Jim Pappin
Denis DeJordy
I also went to see Mr Bobby Floyd ( Mom's Neighbor)and reloaded on his cards as I have traded a bunch of them
Bobby Floyd 1970 1971 1972 1974 Topps 1970 Available

I also found an extra 1987 Topps Dwight Gooden signed in Red Sharpie I had gotten from him IP and found I had 2 of those..one is FT

I also have this FT for another HOF : 1992 Leaf/Donruss triple PLay #254
Paul Molitor the sig is a 10 ! the card is VG as I quit sending nice cards only to not get them back. Turns out I mailed to him twice and got them both back !

Can't wait for ST ! I heard a little pop today but I am ready for the crack of the bat !

All the best
BIll

Nice load of successes! I, too, was wondering how long it took on the Banks and Billy Williams. I just sent out to Mr Cub and would like to send to Billy Williams in the future. Also, I didn't realize Tony Oliva was such a slow TTMer, he signs at Twins caravans every year. ???

Curtis

I sent to Oliva the hard way having no other access to him. I was told if you send via the Twins he eventually signs and he did.
Mr Banks, it is pure luck it is the 6th time I sent to him.
Billy Williams can be finnicky and I believe it requires a quality letter to get him.