JSA..Good, Bad or Ugly?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaiian BamBam

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
hey guys, what are your thoughts on JSA Authentication? Good, bad or ugly? ive noticed prices on EBAY for JSA authenticated stuff has fallen pretty low. not sure if it is a good time to buy or if the prices falling so much, mean that JSA is no longer a trusted source in our hobby. your thoughts please, thanks.

I have seen a few examples of JSA certified items turning out to be fakes, and I remember a news special on Fox where they exposed Spence's company for shoddy authentication practices... one example was when a representative authenticated a forged autographed 8x10 at a show, all he did was glance at the photo and say to the person "you look like an honest person" before "authenticating" the item... I have never bought a JSA authenticated item since watching that....

Last edited:
First off James Spence did not authenticate the Bando auto in question but an employee of JSA and Bando was there signing so it was not a typical situation (google it). Secondly all have issues with authenticating items PSA/DNA, Spence, GAI etc.. know what you are looking at and if you have an issue do not buy it...
I have no issues with JSA or PSA..etc

i was thinking that since jsa autos are so cheap on ebay right now, to buy them and then send them in to psa for authentication, as psa/dna i think are more reputable for authentication. your thoughts please