Just some fun BSL chatter........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tglg

MVP
5.00 star(s)
20 minutes away from Busch Stadium, home of the St
Will 2B Robinson Cano reach 3000 hits this year? He has 2909 career hits and is just 91 hits away as of June 15th. He is playing for the Phillies this year and has 55 hits in 199 at bats. So actually, I have 3 questions:

1) Will he become the 1st player in the BSL 2.0 history to reach 3000 career hits, and do it by the end of this season?

2) He is 39 years old, and is a free agent at the end of this season. If he doesn't reach it, do you think the game will retire him after this season, thus leaving us to wait for Sexton to reach it, which should be next season barring any setbacks?

3) If he doesn't make it this year, and the Phils don't resign him, would you consider signing him to your team just to try get him to 3000?

Just trying to stimulate some chatter and conversation/involvement.

Given the pace, even with his current ratings, I would bet he gets it this year if he remains healthy and continues to start.

I don't think he's going to get there this year, or ever. I would have a tough time playing him or signing him just to see him reach a milestone. I certainly would not sign him next year with his defense, but maybe an AL team would give him a shot at DH or 1B if he helps boost attendance a little.

Looking at the Milestone Watch report, I was surprised to see Starlin Castro closing in on 2,000 hits at the age of 32. He might have a shot at 3,000 in a few years, but he's always seemed like a pretty average player to me.

I didn't realize Sexton is getting so close, and he's not slowing down at all, is he? Maybe he has an outside shot at approaching 4,000 if he can hang around until he's 41-42 years old like Badger.

Eric

I don't think he's going to get there this year, or ever. I would have a tough time playing him or signing him just to see him reach a milestone. I certainly would not sign him next year with his defense, but maybe an AL team would give him a shot at DH or 1B if he helps boost attendance a little.

Looking at the Milestone Watch report, I was surprised to see Starlin Castro closing in on 2,000 hits at the age of 32. He might have a shot at 3,000 in a few years, but he's always seemed like a pretty average player to me.

I didn't realize Sexton is getting so close, and he's not slowing down at all, is he? Maybe he has an outside shot at approaching 4,000 if he can hang around until he's 41-42 years old like Badger.

Eric

Sexton may very well hit 800+, 900+ hr if he plays that long

I think Cano wont reach it this year. If he doesnt retire, someone will sign him

I agree with Cory... But if 2B Cano plays every game against RHP the rest of the season, then he has a possible chance.. He is a defensive liability at 2B, but is hitting much better against RHP than 2B Carlisle, who is starting..

Needs 9 hits in the Phillies final 5 games. He picked a bad time to go cold, as he has just 1 hit in his last 5 games (1 for 17). Doesn't bode well, but here is hoping he gets on a hot streak. If he doesn't make it, and doesn't retire, and if the Phils don't resign him, I would love to see him go to Cleveland, even if just to get to 3000. He would become the 1st member of the BSL 3000 Hit Club.

Last edited:
I was following him before this last sim looked sure to reach it. Still has a chance I play Philly in final game of year withy bullpen he has a good chance to make history lol. His numbers are impressive would think will make Hall of Fame eventually

Needs 9 hits in the Phillies final 5 games. He picked a bad time to go cold, as he has just 1 hit in his last 5 games (1 for 17). Doesn't bode well, but here is hoping he gets on a hot streak. If he doesn't make it, and doesn't retire, and if the Phils don't resign him, I would love to see him go to Cleveland, even if just to get to 3000. He would become the 1st member of the BSL 3000 Hit Club.

I've given him every opportunity to get to 3000. He'll be doing it somewhere else if he doesn't retire because I offered him an extension earlier in the year and he turned it down. I feel he's going to retire since my offer was to meet his demand. He should make the HOF even if he doesn't get 3000 hits. He does have some pretty amazing lifetime stats.