***** league question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camsue

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
I have been teaching my nephews about the ***** league. Is there any fellow benches that may know any of the living players that would be willing to respond to a letter from my nephews asking a few questions. And maybe signing a baseball for them. Thank you in advance

@Camsue

Yes! Russell "Crazylegs" Patterson is a GREAT historian of the ***** Leagues.

His address is:
1012 East Sherwood Drive
Sumter, South Carolina 29153

He played in the late 50s and early 60s, but knows a ton about the history of the Leagues, and spends a good bit of time doing school presentations, etc. He would be very likely to probably give you a good response to your questions too!

Rev. Bill Greason is a fascinating man, he fought in the Marine Corps during WWII and was on Iwo Jima, returning home to play in the ***** Leagues. He later became an ordained Baptist minister, and is pastor of a church in Birmingham Alabama that Dr. King was at in the 50s and early 60s!

His address is:
4536 Hillman Dr SW
Birmingham, AL 35221

Rev. Greason is quite elderly, he turns 97 this year. He is a great signer, I am not sure how long of a letter he would write in return, though if your nephews were expressing an interest in the history of the ***** Leagues, he may be able to offer some answers!

Hope that helps, God bless!

Kevin

Wish I could help...........Knew Joe B. Scott for years and was very personable...........Unfortunately he passed away in 2013 at age 92............RIP Joe...........

Thank you all for the suggestions wish us luck
For sure! Let us know what kind of responses you get!! I love the ***** Leagues so much, its a truly special time in history and those brave players are the real baseball pioneers in our history!

Blessings,

Kevin

Very few are still living.
A bit of a long shot, but you might try reaching out to Ken Burns -
Florentine Films
59 Maple Grove Rd
PO Box 613
Walpole NH 03608

Very few are still living.
A bit of a long shot, but you might try reaching out to Ken Burns -
Florentine Films
59 Maple Grove Rd
PO Box 613
Walpole NH 03608
@rlschles Really good idea, I have seen him respond to autograph requests, so he may be able to assist here as well!

Blessings,

Kevin

I added this address to the database on the cardboard connection some years back. I will check to see if he is still living.

Ernie "Cokey" Nimmons
1509 Paine St.
Lorain, OH. 44052-3253

***** Leaguer 3 for 2 Added a note. Three weeks

Here is Ernie's current address, according to whitepages.com! I am gonna give him a try soon!
RTS at that address!

Last edited: