Legit Ken Griffey Jr. Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I would be very careful about buying a card like this. There was a guy on Ebay that was forging Albert Pujols autos on a Bowman card then numbering the cards himself like #2/15 or something like that. One card sold for $500! Just be careful.

Though far from an expert, I would say:

1) it seems comparable to other autos of his from that era
2) if you were forging an auto, you probably wouldn't use a washed-out sharpie to do so
3) the feedback of the seller at least suggests they're not solely in the market for selling fake Griffey autos
4) the seller does offer returns if you decide you don't like the looks of it
5) short of witnessing it yourself, you'll never really know anyway, so this seems good enough to me

Last edited:
i agree with dp33 and i also think it looks pretty legit...I doubt this guy would be forging autos...just my opinion though and yours is the only one that matters in the long run

I would be very careful about buying a card like this. There was a guy on Ebay that was forging Albert Pujols autos on a Bowman card then numbering the cards himself like #2/15 or something like that. One card sold for $500! Just be careful.

That's a slightly different issue. Those were Bowman cards with fake signatures, made to look like 2006 Bowman Originals buybacks.

Thanks for the responses. I emailed the seller and asked where he got it signed (IP, Private Signing, etc.) He said he bought another collectors whole collection so I'm going to try for it.