Let's chat about Whatnot!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bblair_2002

MVP
5.00 star(s)
About a month ago,I joined the Whatnot community. For a few weeks I never bothered to browse on it,but last week I started really paying attention to the goings on in these streams.

While there are some decent sellers with fair prices and fun little games on their streams,I really think many of them still think we're in the middle of "the boom" with starting auction prices higher than eBay comps. I also saw a situation this morning where a prospective buyer asked a seller if they'd take $20 for a card. The seller agreed,then proceeded to auction it off. That same buyer ended up winning,but paid $3 more than the seller already agreed to honor. Pretty underhanded if you ask me. I've also seen sellers open up mystery envelopes off camera,which is a red flag for me. Everything should be done on camera for everyone to see.

Do any of my fellow Benchies and Benchettes use this site? I'm still trying to figure out how to pay. I see a space where they require CC information. Is that the only way to pay on Whatnot? No Paypal? Not sure if I really wanna put my CC info on that site,or am I being too cautious and should just eat a damn Snickers lol.

If anyone cares to chime in about Whatnot,please feel free. Share your wins,advertise your channel and tell us about your experiences on there.

It's just an app on your phone right?

I've heard about it but never used it. I have enough other avenues I use already (eBay/COMC/Sportlots/Message Boards) and I only have so much free time.

It's just an app on your phone right?

I've heard about it but never used it. I have enough other avenues I use already (eBay/COMC/Sportlots/Message Boards) and I only have so much free time.
It is an app on your phone but I watch the streams on my PC. Just seems like too much work to move cheap cards over other sites like Sportlots,COMC,etc.

Ive heard of it but theres not enough time in the day day to check out every site dedicated to sportscards so Ive largely ignored it.