Let's get things back to normal...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike121

Veteran
5.00 star(s)
Staff member
I believe I've found the root cause of this morning's madness and I, hopefully, have it fixed. Unfortunately, there were several member accounts that were compromised. If you receive any private messages, asking for donations, please report them immediately! Please only report messages sent after the writing of this thread. We are already aware of the ones sent this morning and need the report system empty of those, please.

Also, if you are a moderator, chances are your account was one of those. I went ahead and removed all of your moderator status and banned your accounts, temporarily. I suspect that most of you know how to get in touch with me outside of this site. Please, do that, and I'll get your account back to normal.

If anyone notices anything abnormal, please post that here so I can try to get it fixed.

UPDATE

I cannot unsend the notifications and/or private messages without direct server access (which I no longer have) so those will simply need to be ignored. They will, eventually, go away on their own.

Last edited:
I got 2 notifications about this.

Thanks,
Dennis

Unfortunately, the notifications cannot be unsent without direct server access (which I no longer have). Everyone will simply need to ignore those.

Same here... looks like katester and cjay's accounts were hacked and banned

I sent Andy a text this morning. As soon as he gets back to me I can help him get his account back. If anyone has a way for me to contact cjay, outside of The Bench, let me know and I'll reach out.

Mike, first let me say Thank you for all the work to get this matter resolved.

It looks like a number of threads were deleted. I had one, my trade list that was linked in my sig. The group break section looks to have had all threads from the past 12 months deleted too.

I sent Andy a text this morning. As soon as he gets back to me I can help him get his account back. If anyone has a way for me to contact cjay, outside of The Bench, let me know and I'll reach out.
I sent cory a message on facebook

I believe I've found the root cause of this morning's madness and I, hopefully, have it fixed. Unfortunately, there were several member accounts that were compromised. If you receive any private messages asking for donations, please report them immediately!

Also, if you are a moderator, chances are your account was one of those. I went ahead and removed all of your moderator status and banned your accounts, temporarily. I suspect that most of you know how to get in touch with me outside of this site. Please, do that, and I'll get your account back to normal.

If anyone notices anything abnormal, please post that here so I can try to get it fixed.

UPDATE:

I cannot unsend the notifications and/or private messages without direct server access (which I no longer have) so those will simply need to be ignored. They will, eventually, go away on their own.
Mike
I received 2 notifications, what a sye of relief to read your response. Thx Jim

Mike, first let me say Thank you for all the work to get this matter resolved.

It looks like a number of threads were deleted. I had one, my trade list that was linked in my sig. The group break section looks to have had all threads from the past 12 months deleted too.

Unfortunately, the threads that were deleted were all permanently deleted so the only way to get those back is to import them from a backup and, again, that's not something I still have access to.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Unfortunately, the threads that were deleted were all permanently deleted so the only way to get those back is to import them from a backup and, again, that's not something I still have access to.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
My thread i can just recreate, so I am okay. Not sure how the breakers will fare as there were a number of ongoing breaks