Looking for some member feedback

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jflan702

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
Just throwing this out there for ideas for the new year. What would you like to see here at The Bench next year? Any ideas for improvements? I know that we have a very tight community here, but what would you like to see to help increase participation and increase membership?

I am not going to make every thought or idea a permanent change, but I would like to see what you think. Please keep in mind that I can't make people come here and post, but what would make this site better.

Ok, there it is. Let the ideas flow!

I'd like to see some of the personalized avatar requests get approved, I know that there are many in the thread about avatars that have gone ignored for months, if not years. Mine is one of them and although it truly doesn't affect my participation, I think it does reflect in whole about attentiveness to members from the Mods and Coaches.

Thanks for asking this question, the mere fact that you put this out there is a huge credit to the staff for wanting to hear from members.

I think that if you moved the "One and Done" topic from the Baseball Set builders Room into the General Trading area and made it its' own room that would increase activity a lot. Right now the One and Done topic is very confusing trying to follow and activity on it runs hot and cold. . If it was made into its own separate room members could post their own One and Done topics and I guarantee that room would have a lot more traffic then the single run on topic does now. I. for one, would routinely check out a One and Done room whereas now I check the One and Done topic once in a great while since it is "out of sight, out of mind".

I'd suggest putting it next to the Check my Bucket room and an increase in activity there is almost certain.

Or even better just replace the lightly used Super Collector's Room with a One and Done room.

If possible, it would be awesome to get a faster turnaround on items from the bench bucks store. Not a complaint by any means, but just some feedback as requested. I have enjoyed the bench for years now, and will continue to do so, this is a GREAT community!

God Bless,

Kevin

I would possibly like to see an option for members to delete their own threads. Say I posted a set needs thread and received all the cards I needed, I would then select delete thread. Maybe it could require a mod approval? So when you go to delete the thread you must enter in a reason for wanting the deletion. Just a thought!

Robbie

Just edit your original post stating that the cards are no longer needed or the set is complete.

If a thread/post is deleted, it also deletes post numbers which are tied to Bench Bucks and trader ratings.

I would possibly like to see an option for members to delete their own threads. Say I posted a set needs thread and received all the cards I needed, I would then select delete thread. Maybe it could require a mod approval? So when you go to delete the thread you must enter in a reason for wanting the deletion. Just a thought!

Robbie

I like the idea of the Bench Bucks as an incentive for participation & would like to see turn into something like the card cash that is on Sports Card Forums to allow member s to buy & sell on there using Bench Bucks acquired through posting & participation. Either way I love this site, the members, & the community as a whole!!

I like the "one and done thread set".....but it would be nice if we would list our white whales (hard to find cards) or top 10! Best regards, David

I don't know if it is possible, but is there anything that would allow people to see if there are people in the chatroom, without physically going to the chatroom - IE, if someone was in there, they might be more inclined to go visit it.

How about a trade night in a chat room for Friday or Saturday or Sunday and in the room have different sports and click on one that you want to enter. May get more trades and quicker completing trades as well.
If we have one I haven't seen it so maybe someone can direct me to the area i need to go.

How about a trade night in a chat room for Friday or Saturday or Sunday and in the room have different sports and click on one that you want to enter. May get more trades and quicker completing trades as well.
If we have one I haven't seen it so maybe someone can direct me to the area i need to go.

We have a trade night in the chat room the first tuesday of every month. don't know if they could set up the room to accomodate different sports though.