Looking for the new Tigers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaNotoriousNIC

Veteran
4.90 star(s)
For the record I wish we would have traded Dumbrowski but I have a few guys I need now...
Austin Jackson
Phil Coke
Max Scherzer
Daniel Schlereth
Brad Thomas

I may just have to spend the $75 and go to the Whitecaps Winter Banquet this year which is always a non autograph event and the reason why West Michigan doesn't get a Tigers winter caravan and bring plenty of bail money with me for if I got the chance at a nice clean punch to a certain Tigers GM's throat that will be flapping his Dumb lips all night. Jackson I can see, but GRANDERSON?? come on now...ok I'm done ranting but yeah need auto's of those guys

I know that all of these guys (Thomas not as much to go off of) are all decent TTMs signers at the least. I've just got to find some stuff for them to sign.

I want to add to your rant now. If the Yankees/Granderson weren't invloved in any way, I like the trade. (Jackson for Schlereth/Scherzer). Austin's potential is projected to be like Granderson, but why not keep the sure thing? I've been looking into the idea here, and I got confused by this:

Verlander
Scherzer
Porcello
Galarraga
Bonderman/Willis/Robertson

Robertson/Willis (both won't be in rotation)
Miner
Thomas
Ni (to Toledo)
Coke
Zumaya
Schlereth (to Toledo?)
Perry
Seay
Lyon/FA closer

My problem here is there is too much left handers to all fit on this team! Why in the world did we pick up two more guys with solid performers (Seay and Ni) holding down spots for next year? Can anybody explain that to me?

Sorry I can't help ya, but you might want to consider TTM on these guys...

Well Coke never returned for me earlier this year, the others I haven't sent to, yes we have quite a few lefties, I doubt Willis will do anything for us this year, it'd be nice seeing as to he's making what $10 mill. Bonderman is probably going to be the same thing this year too, a big name making his rounds through the minors or stinking it up in Detroit. As far as Zumaya he is in consideration for the closer job and supposedly his arm is feeling great and is good to go, then again I heard that last offseason as well. Honestly the way I see it the only for sure pitchers we have now is Verlander and Porcello. Granted they are trying to dump money but why they didn't go for Roy Halladay I don't know, I would have much rather lost Granderson and Jackson for him then a guy that could one day be a weaker version of Granderson and a couple pitchers that have had limited success. Yes I hope that this deal works out for us since these guys are top prospects pretty much but to many hopes and prayers in this trade for my liking

Current Tiger

Hello,

I have a perfect SS baseball that I obtained in Houston this year. I would let it go for 75$ paypal. Let me know!

Thank you,

Clay

1st off are you serious and your new and can't sell, 2ndly there is no way I would pay $75 for someone of his caliber let alone the $45 buy it now that's on ebay

Last edited:
Scherzer is a pretty good ttm signer. I actually liked the trade for Detroit. Obviously I am not from Michigan and don't see the impact Granderson makes in the community but the Tigers cleared a lot of cap space, got very good young talent, all which will start next year in the majors, got bullpen help. I know i am not from michigan but i think the guys will help sooner then later

Well if you figure it this way, we have no left handed hitters other then Guillen switch hitting, we have no lead off guy as of right now, basically there's a good chance we have no chance for the playoffs if atleast one of these guys don't step it up and nobody replaces what Jackson gave us on the mound and I'm sorry but Austin Jackson won't be anywhere near as good as Granderson for atleast 2 years. Yes in the long run this may pay off for us but at the same time do you think I want to sit back and wait or do you think Verlander is going to stay in town if the team isn't competing?

Check in with me after TigerFest on the off chance I pick up an extra of somebody. I'm still trying to get one of the dual cards of Schlereth (09 Topps U&H with dad & 08 EEE with Ryan Perry) but no luck so far. At least they FINALLY made a card of Alex Avila and was able to pick up a couple of those.

OT, but any chance you'd 50/50 Satterwhite if he ends up back with the Whitecaps next year? These 08 UD USA's of him are calling his name.:p

I wouldn't count on Satterwhite being in West Michigan, don't think he was ever here even for one game, pretty sure he skipped right past us, but I can help ya with anyone thats with the Whitecaps. Hope ya get Avila at Tigersfest because he only signed for me after the games down by the players parking lot and there is rarely many people that try to get autographs after a game unless someone is rehabbing. I can only think of 1 time I saw him even acknowledge fans before a game and even then he didn't sign anything. To be completely honest he thinks his you know what don't stink and I honestly don't know why Jordan Newton isn't in his position other then daddy.

I'm just hoping by pure luck they send Turner here to prove himself maybe for the first month or so. If thats the case I'll be loading up on baseballs as bad as it may sound. Gotta get me some trade bait

Last edited:
Hey you guys...I gotta weigh in on this...
Nic...you know me anyhow..:)....and I didn't get to any dang Whitecaps game last year, so if I can't and you can, I have a Rawlings ball just sitting here to be signed..:)

Anyhow...Lyon is not with us you guys....did u hear that?? He signed I think with Houston....so that sucks...I liked him better for SURE than Rodney, thank God he's gone.

Peter Gammons said we made out really well, and he's about the only baseball writer/commentator I respect. I hated losing Grandy, especially to the Yanks...but I am excited to think that Wilkin Ramirez may get a chance...that guy can HIT and has speed. Scot Sizemore is supposed to be the heir apparent to Polanco, but that move stung as well....what a clutch hitter and gold glove winner.

I think if good ol Leyland hadn't messed with the line-up and they would get rid of OLD McClendon....maybe Grandy would have hit better.
The scouts say Austin Jackson is a better hitter than Grandy, but not sure on his fielding. We did need pitching, badly...and I hope Sch and Sch can do it for us. I like NI in the bullpen along with Seay and of course, Z-Man...

I wonder what Mr. Kaline thinks of this trade that DUMBrowski made, geesh.
But, it's a wait and see game for now....
Any of you guys heard of a Robbie or Ronnie Verhardt?? I think that's his name...I'd have to double check.

I do have one Jackson chrome rookie, and some Scherzers, not much on Danny boy yet...hope to get a few more Jackson chrome rookies soon.

Keep in touch,
Diane

Hey you guys...I gotta weigh in on this...
Nic...you know me anyhow..:)....and I didn't get to any dang Whitecaps game last year, so if I can't and you can, I have a Rawlings ball just sitting here to be signed..:)

Anyhow...Lyon is not with us you guys....did u hear that?? He signed I think with Houston....so that sucks...I liked him better for SURE than Rodney, thank God he's gone.

Peter Gammons said we made out really well, and he's about the only baseball writer/commentator I respect. I hated losing Grandy, especially to the Yanks...but I am excited to think that Wilkin Ramirez may get a chance...that guy can HIT and has speed. Scott Sizemore is supposed to be the heir apparent to Polanco, but that move stung as well....what a clutch hitter and gold glove winner.

I think if good ol Leyland hadn't messed with the line-up and they would get rid of OLD McClendon....maybe Grandy would have hit better.
The scouts say Austin Jackson is a better hitter than Grandy, but not sure on his fielding. We did need pitching, badly...and I hope Sch and Sch can do it for us. I like NI in the bullpen along with Seay and of course, Z-Man...

I wonder what Mr. Kaline thinks of this trade that DUMBrowski made, geesh.
But, it's a wait and see game for now....
Any of you guys heard of a Robbie or Ronnie Verhardt?? I think that's his name...I'd have to double check.

I do have one Jackson chrome rookie, and some Scherzers, not much on Danny boy yet...hope to get a few more Jackson chrome rookies soon.

Keep in touch,
Diane
I don't know if you noticed the date, but I made that Lyon statement before he went to Houston. I really hoped he came back for 2010, but now we got (insert name here) closing.

I agree that Wilkin has the right tools to be in Detroit, Sizemore might but have not seen him to know. My concern is the 1-2 punch at the top of the order is gone. Who leads off? Does Guillen bat second? Do we have rookies leading off in the order (please say NO)? Too many question marks right there IMO.

I liked the half of the trade of Edwin Jackson going to Arizona, as I don't expect his numbers to repeat (I'm seeing an ERA around 4.00). Schlereth could end up being our closer and Scherzer will replace Jackson quite nicely. I like Seay and Ni too, but now we got FOUR or FIVE capable LHP's in our bullpen as of right now (Ni, Seay, Coke, Schlereth, Robertson) and I feel that this trade just overloaded the options there. I don't think Ni can make this team until Robertson and/or Willis magically disappear and make a few roster spots open.

I'm picturing Kaline sitting at home with a TV dinner sitting in front of the tube reading "Curtis Granderson traded to NYY". He then chokes on his turkey (or whatever he chose to have) and has a mild heart attack. But in all seriousness, he probably doesn't care too much, but enough to call up Dave and ask what he was thinking about other than money.

Verhardt? I don't follow the minor leaguers too much, so I have no idea who he is. Then again, all I know is Loons and a few Whitecaps.

I've stocked up on a little bit of Coke and Scherzer, even enough for Austin to sign. I'm having trouble getting Schlereth though. I'm really hunting down the 08 Donruss EEE (with Ryan Perry) and 09 Topps U&H (with Mark Schlereth) as I find them as very nice and possible dual auto cards to get done.

This is the name of the rookie Tiger.......

08 Razor Letterman Autograph #ROW-T Robbie Weinhardt 19/20 Letter is " T "....I'm usually up on prospects, but haven't heard of this guy for the Tigers....
I think Wilkin Ramirez would be a great leadoff hitter, with his speed....
Well, who knows....but Kaline is supposed to be DUMBrowski's asst...or his title is...Asst. to the President/GM...but I think he does more work in the minors with Willie :)

I do know our Minor League system is stacked, though...which is great....about 15 years ago, it sucked...so glad to see it's building up again.
Sizemore was POY last year for the Tigers Minors...that I do know...so he's supposed to be really good....but you have to have a mixture of vets and rookies to make it happen..........oh well...........wait and SEE....

Diane

Yeah Weinhardt is another guy that skipped over the MWL, went from the GCL straight to Erie. I know who you are talking about now just really don't know a ton about him but then again Erie didn't provide much run support for the pitchers last season so none of the pitchers stood out because of it really.

I've never been really big on Sizemore myself but Ramirez I think could eventually take that leadoff spot but not quite yet. If Casper Wells can make the roster and actually hit he could end up having a shot to, I know he got quite a few SB's while he was here with the Whitecaps in 08 and he is pretty quick himself.

In all honesty though I really think the Tigers need to pickup another left handed hitter before the season starts. If they don't I guarantee Jeff Larish and Clete Thomas will be getting more playing time this year. I think the only left handed hitters we have is Larish, Thomas, Avila and then Guillen and Santiago are both switch hitters. If we don't have guys hurting Larish isn't going to see much time at 1B and Thomas probably won't see much action in the OF with Guillen, Magglio and then presumably Jackson out there. Then again someone has to DH, who will be this season I couldn't tell you. I really think its going to have to be Guillen Mags or Cabrera if we want a power hitter in that spot. Losing Thames definately hurts even though Leyland didn't use him enough in my opinion.