Looking over some old eBay feedback......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim Carroll

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I just finished glancing back through the feedback that has been left for me as a seller over the past few years. I had to giggle at some of the prices that some of the cards went for. I do not have an ebay store, and I usually cash in when the "time is right" (after no-hitters, MLB call-ups, etc.). That explains almost every one of these transactions. This list doesn't cover all of my good sales - these are just the ones I received feedback for. I also remember selling some Clay Buchholz for some big bucks after his no-no. I do wonder if any of the buyers feel any regret for buying these at the wrong time.........

2006:

06 Turkey Red White AUTO David Wright - SOLD for $165
01 Topps Chrome Retrofractor Edwin Encarnacion - SOLD for $45
04 Fleer Hot Prospects Josh Fields AUTO - SOLD for $36

2007:

06 Flair Daisuke Matsuzaka Jersey - SOLD for $110
2005 TCU&H Black Refractor AUTO Andrew McCutchen - SOLD for $147.58
2005 Topps Chrome AUTO Billy Butler - SOLD for $48
2005 Topps Finest AUTO Billy Butler - SOLD for $46
(3) 2001 UDPP Shelley Duncan base cards - SOLD for $21
2001 Donruss Class of '01 Erik Bedard RC - SOLD for $70!!
2007 Press Pass Red AUTO #/100 Jamarcus Russell - SOLD for $200 :D:D:D

2008:

2004 Leaf R&S Michael Phelps Fans of the Game - SOLD for $99.99 (found that one in a common box:))

Do you have any good sales you would like to share?

By the way - don't even get me started on the cards I sold WAY too soon - that is a thread by itself.:) Examples: 2000 Topps Traded AUTO Miguel Cabrera for $40; 2000 Bowman Draft Grady Sizemore AUTO for $25; 2003 Bowman Chrome X-Fractor AUTO Hanley Ramirez for $40.......

Tim

Prospecting pays off for some!! Those selling at the right mostly!!

It's fun to check that kind of stuff out. Same with the old prices in the guides and ads. I have been going through Becketts this weekend and the prices for show autos in the 80s is amazing. $7 for Griffey Jr! $15 for Ali! $9 for Mays!

Prospecting pays off for some!! Those selling at the right mostly!!

It's fun to check that kind of stuff out. Same with the old prices in the guides and ads. I have been going through Becketts this weekend and the prices for show autos in the 80s is amazing. $7 for Griffey Jr! $15 for Ali! $9 for Mays!

No doubt! I paid $12 for Mays back in 1990 at the State Tech Institute in Memphis. As a 12-year old boy, I really didn't know the "ins" and "outs". So, when they asked me if I wanted an American League ball or a National League - I chose American, lol! That's right...I walked through that line and got Mays' auto on an official AL ball - even though he never played a day in the AL.:)

Tim

2007 Press Pass Red AUTO #/100 Jamarcus Russell - SOLD for $200 :D:D:D

At one time before entering thje NFL he was supposed to change the game...unfortunately, he didn't know what game he was playing....sad, but awesome sale.

---

This is a cool thread, but I would hate to show the "bad" buys I've made over the years!!!!

Yeah, I paid $12 for both Mantle and Whitey Ford in 1987. I wish I would have gotten more than one auto that day.

I've done the same in the past. I don't remember all of them, but I do remember selling a Chien-Ming **** AUTO a couple years ago for approx. $165.

I just sold a 2010 Bowman Chrome Prospects card of Stephen Strasburg for $20. Maybe I made out and maybe I didn't. Time will tell.

There's always going to be pros and cons to this method. If I'd only sold all those Darryl Strawberry & Dwight Gooden cards years ago when they were hot.