Looking to complete 2021 Topps Chrome base set........

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I do have #74 and #123. What else could I add to the trade to even things out?
Sorry been out pretty much all day today, what do ya have to trade? I've put up a new updated post on what I need and what I have to trade and had the moderators take down my outdated posts. I have one in each of the following forums: Baseball wants and baseball set builders.

Do you have any favorite players or teams? I have baseball, football and basketball to trade.
I only collect baseball and this is my first time back in the hobby and my first set to go after in well over several decades. To me Topps Chrome seemed to be my best bet because from my watching all these breaks on You Tube and asking questions I've discovered that Topps Chrome seems to hold it's value the best in both the short n long term. I would rather go with Bowman Chrome but that is a bit to pricey for me. I try to put together sets, but I am a HUGE Dodger fan. I don't really collect players, but because I guess that is the direction the hobby has gone since I was last involved I may have to redirect my attention more to the players than the sets yes? My problem is which baseball players are worth chasing? I know Tatis Jr. is a big one, Ohtani is another one it's mainly their rookie cards that you have to have correct? My next problem is because I'm so new at getting back into this hobby and things have changed so much with all the different types of product n sets what do you go with that holds it value the best when chasing players? Next from what I can tell any cards you have of any player must be graded in order for them to be worth anything correct? I've seen the cost of getting your cards graded and that is way out of my price range plus it seems the only graded cards that matter n count is PSA and those people are so far behind in their grading process people are still waiting on cards they sent in almost 2 to 3 yrs. ago. Buying graded cards are probably out of my price range as well not sure, I've seen what those cards go for LOL. I probably need some very good advice when it comes to chasing players yes? LOL

Here's some advice from a guy who came back to the hobby 30 years ago (after throwing away all of my cards from the 60's!!).

- Don't think of cards of JUST AN INVESTMENT. Doing that will take some of the fun out of the hobby. I buy, sell and trade cards on this board and on other boards. I also have a personal collection; which occupy part of two rooms in my house. I have cards with a book value of $15.00 that I would sell for a decent offer. I also have cards worth 15 cents that I would NEVER sell under any circumstances; just because they have some personal value to me.

- The market is loaded with all kinds of products in all kinds of price ranges. All the members on this board have limited budgets. Knowing that, we all focus on what we like to collect and who we think would be a great player in the long run. The last point (who) is speculative. No one knows for sure who will be a great player in the long run; so rookie cards are a gamble which might or might not end up being a good investment.

As for the cost, there are some sources where you can buy the cards at the best prices : SPORTS CARD SHOWS, FLEA MARKETS and even Craigslist (occasionally, if you're dealing with a local seller). Once you start accumulating cards, you can start looking at want lists on this board. Maybe you have something a trader could use and maybe they'll have something of interest to you. That point alone will help you decide who or what to buy, based on the players or teams traders want. That is one of the main reasons how I've built my collection over the years.

So.........for what it's worth, my advice is to leave enough room in your collecting to cards you like (for whatever reason) and not just as an investment.
Hope this helps.

Rich

LEON: Thanks, but I've just purchased and traded for those two cards.

THE ONLY CARDS I NEED TO COMPLETE THIS SET ARE:

Here's some advice from a guy who came back to the hobby 30 years ago (after throwing away all of my cards from the 60's!!).

- Don't think of cards of JUST AN INVESTMENT. Doing that will take some of the fun out of the hobby. I buy, sell and trade cards on this board and on other boards. I also have a personal collection; which occupy part of two rooms in my house. I have cards with a book value of $15.00 that I would sell for a decent offer. I also have cards worth 15 cents that I would NEVER sell under any circumstances; just because they have some personal value to me.

- The market is loaded with all kinds of products in all kinds of price ranges. All the members on this board have limited budgets. Knowing that, we all focus on what we like to collect and who we think would be a great player in the long run. The last point (who) is speculative. No one knows for sure who will be a great player in the long run; so rookie cards are a gamble which might or might not end up being a good investment.

As for the cost, there are some sources where you can buy the cards at the best prices : SPORTS CARD SHOWS, FLEA MARKETS and even Craigslist (occasionally, if you're dealing with a local seller). Once you start accumulating cards, you can start looking at want lists on this board. Maybe you have something a trader could use and maybe they'll have something of interest to you. That point alone will help you decide who or what to buy, based on the players or teams traders want. That is one of the main reasons how I've built my collection over the years.

So.........for what it's worth, my advice is to leave enough room in your collecting to cards you like (for whatever reason) and not just as an investment.
Hope this helps.

Rich
I look at my cards as a collector and an investment now, not seeing the investment value in anything isn't smart. That is why I went with the Topps Chrome this year to get started back into the hobby. I like the Topps Chrome look, the checklist seemed to be a very good to me and of course it's mid range price isn't bad. I also like Gypsy Queen the over all look of the cards is really nice, but as a set it's only worth getting as a collection set and not an investment. My collection consists of Topps 70-79 with a couple of Donruss and Fleer thrown in and finally the 82 Bowman set. When I joined the Navy and left for boot camp and my "A" school my mom decided to clean out mine n my brothers old room so one of our sisters could move into it and she threw away all my sets I put together from the 60's, she thought they were worthless junk. When I decided to get back in this year I tried to be smart about it and just didn't jump into buying just anything, I watched n payed attention to as many breaks on You Tube as I could, found people n followed them who seemed to know the hobby well, asked questions and after several months I picked Topps Chrome. I did buy a Wal-Mart Topps Series 1 & 2 complete set green box, that was more of an impulse buy and because it was priced very well at the time. I now have 5 base Topps Chrome cards I need to complete that set.

I have one of the four that u need to finish the set! I have 63 Ryan Mountcastle Orioles RC for the trade. Looking for trading bait...like Lindro or Pujols or one 2021 Topps Gold card serial to 2021 for the trade. Let me know. Best regards, David

Redcloud: Do you still need card #'s 74 and 123 from Topps Chrome. If so, what can send me from 2021 Topps Chrome that I need?

Redcloud: Do you still need card #'s 74 and 123 from Topps Chrome. If so, what can send me from 2021 Topps Chrome that I need?
Yes I do still need both of them. I have 63, 79, 151 & 170, the problem is those cards I have are worth 3 to 4 times as much as the two cards I need from you. All 4 of the cards you need are top RC's and the two you have that I need are only basic base cards not worth much. Even doing a 2 for 2 card trade isn't even close to being a fair trade at least for me it wouldn't be. So what can you do to sweeten the pot and make this trade more equal?

I have plenty of baseball, basketball and football to trade. What players or teams do you collect?
I only do baseball and this is my first year getting back into the hobby, been out for decades. I have only collected sets when I was collecting back through the 60's, 70's n early 80's. You could say I pretty much missed out on what is called n known as the junk wax era of the 90's and early 2000's LOL. I can give you all 4 cards for say two on card auto numbered cards that would be worth what those 4 cards are, or a say 2 or 3 low numbered cards that you may have to trade for just let me know what you have and would like to trade for those 4 cards. I'm also very interested in those Black & White Mini Diamonds looking for autos n base cards in that set.

I have this Game Used card:

2021 Topps Heritage - Clubhouse Collection #CCR-JA - Jose Altuve (GAME USED JERSEY CARD)
Does the jersey have any color i.e. part of the team name or his name? I'm not collecting Heritage, don't now what those cards look like but you know what I think we could have a trade here just not sure what I can do with that card because it doesn't go with anything I've collected LOL. What else do ya have?