Mac Attack!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scary enough I know where 2 more are... and he only wanted $250 a piece for them. Maybe I should tell him to call burbank, lol. They truly are the holder of the store with many over priced pieces of cardboard.

Burbank cards = Genius

guy selling for $250 = No Genius

LOL, it's not overcharging if he is selling them... I think it would be overpaying for people to be buying from him!!

Christopher

I'm confused. Why is the seller- Burbanksportscards- so recognized?

because they somehow stay in business by selling at full book and HIGH above...but, if you need something bad enough, that's about the last hope you have if you can't find it elsewhere.

They are pretty arrogant to...stories of them only getting the vintage out for sale on certain days...lol...stuff like that....they are just infamous in the hobby for the way they do business.

I'm confused. Why is the seller- Burbanksportscards- so recognized?

Burbank is known for having some very nice, sometimes hard to get cards. However, their prices tend to be obscene. They also aren't very good in terms of customer service, especially responding to inquiries about their cards. But, as this case illustrates, if people are willing to pay these guys will continue their business practices.

Steph

Indeed they have some nice cards. However im never paying $2500 for a cal ripken jr auto. I have no problem with someone trying to make a buck but the way they've treated people I still cant believe there in business.

Burbank has a ton of the 2002 Studio cards I need, but to say they are overpriced is an understatement. These cards aren't so rare that someone would overpay for them. They could sell them for 2/3 of the price they have them listed for and still make a nice profit - because I would buy them.

I wish Ebay had an option to not show cards listed by a seller, I would use that feature on them.

Todd

because they somehow stay in business by selling at full book and HIGH above...but, if you need something bad enough, that's about the last hope you have if you can't find it elsewhere.

They are pretty arrogant to...stories of them only getting the vintage out for sale on certain days...lol...stuff like that....they are just infamous in the hobby for the way they do business.

That's exactly it. They hold out for that rare buyer for whom their cards would be a last resort. To be fair, all it takes is that one buyer to make this business model work.

The signature is nearly perfect, it's a tough buyback auto #/6, and Big Mac is now back on the road to hobby love since he's come clean this week. $800 dlvd for a card like that isn't surprising to me.

Ditto to what Rob said. $800 doesn't seem too unreasonable for that card to me. It wouldn't have got that much if he was in A's uni though. Seems to me like Burbank is just striking while the iron is hot and I don't blame them.
-Keith

The tool who owns/runs Burbank is a complete jerk. I've heard enough stories of him and the way he acts at card shows alone to avoid him. Even if he has cards I want for my collection I refuse to buy from him. If you don't like something don't support it:)

so far I've been lucky to avoid them in my search of Bradshaw stuff...lol...but there have been times that I got things that were not badly priced...and unlike others, they have always answered my emails pretty quickly...I don't really have any bad experiences with them at all.

They are way over priced though...like they have the 20th anniv. buybacks for $45 for commons...just crazy.

I have bought from them before on Beckett and never had any problems either. They always got me my stuff within just a couple of days also. I'm not saying that some of their prices aren't high but that can be said of a lot of sellers. If I don't like a price then I don't pay it. It will either come down eventually or they will keep their cards simple as that.
-Keith

What was Sports Illustrated thinking? I didnt even know they were involved with cards.:D

CSTonvacationFeb2008333.jpg

CSTonvacationFeb2008334.jpg