Mad Ducks in my Mailbox!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slavlite

MVP
5.00 star(s)
If only every day could be like today. Coming home to a mailbox stuffed with these as well as 11 other Maddux cards I needed (Thanks Butch!) and some new Pujols GU tradebait makes a rough day at work simply disappear!

Been wanting to get my hands on these for a while, 1990 Starting Lineup Cards 45A and 45B loose (ebay)
1990SLUcards.jpg

Interesting oddball believed to be released at the 2002 NLCS games (Thanks Andrew!)
2002NLCScard.jpg

Run of the mill GU - 2004 DK Materials Bronze (Thanks Andrew!)
2004DKMaterialsBronze.jpg

Sick Maddux Patch! 2009 UD Game Patch (thanks Andrew!)
2009UDGamePatch.jpg

And Finally My first New Maddux Auto in at close to a year, 2000 Ultra Fresh Ink, /225 (ebay, man people are really holding Maddux Autos for Steep Ransom lately)

2000UltraFreshInk.jpg

Thanks for the look! Working on transfering my entire Photobucket to Picasa, taking forever but I think it will be worth it when I am done, Picasa is o much smoother than "Ad" Bucket

Last edited:
Nice grabs, particularly the SLUs. Hard to imagine someone breaking those things out to play with the figurines.

Nice grabs, particularly the SLUs. Hard to imagine someone breaking those things out to play with the figurines.

Yeah, These were the First Loose 90 SLU cards Ive seen on ebay, I hadnt been doing a saved search for em or anything, But I generally go thru all recent additions to Maddux cards on ebay 2 or 3 times a week.

Those are AWESOME! I forgot about him being with the Padres...maybe if he grew the ol' 'stache when he was with them!

Tim

But you're going in the wrong direction, collecting all these cards. I was reading about a Griffey super collector in Beckett who has more than 300 Griffey cards! Imagine that. And he has -- get this -- A 1989 UPPER DECK ROOKIE CARD! Seriously. Page 28 of the February 2011 Beckett Baseball has the article on this "Super Collector" (that being the article title). So, obviously, you'll be needing to dump a few thousand Maddux cards to keep your super collector title. I'll do what I can to help.

Because that's the kind of guy I am.