Making a want/ trade list and linking to it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shig

Pro
5.00 star(s)
I couldn't think of a better section to post this , so here goes.... I want to make a tradelist/ wantlist and am wondering what the best way to go about it for someone totally new to possibly making any kind of a webpage. I think I can just maybe make like a google doc or something of the sort that people can click a link and look at right? And then what's the best option if I want to do a tad more advanced with maybe a few separate lists that can be accessed by clicking on the categories? ...hope my question makes sense and I appreciate any help. Thanks!

@shig

Good question! A lot of people on here will use a google doc and copy the link and paste into their signature, which makes it much easier for members to see each other's wants and haves!

In excel you can have many tabs with different names, and I think you can also have several tabs at the bottom of a single google doc....ie one page for wants, the next for trade bait, one for baseball, another for football, etc.

Hope that helps my friend!

Blessings,

Kevin

@shig

Good question! A lot of people on here will use a google doc and copy the link and paste into their signature, which makes it much easier for members to see each other's wants and haves!

In excel you can have many tabs with different names, and I think you can also have several tabs at the bottom of a single google doc....ie one page for wants, the next for trade bait, one for baseball, another for football, etc.

Hope that helps my friend!

Blessings,

Kevin
Thank - you! I'll go play around with it.

I joined the TCDB to keep my lists, and it's AWESOME. It does take some time to get everything in at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's super easy to maintain.

For example, search for a set, say 2021 Topps. If you click on the "Collection Summary" option on the set screen, there are easy "Add/Update Wantlist" and "Add/Update For Sale/Trade List" options. Then it's just clickity-clickity and you're good to go. You can even add parallels and inserts on that page by using the dropdowns above the list. Then repeat. Super easy.

I joined the TCDB to keep my lists, and it's AWESOME. It does take some time to get everything in at first, but once you get the hang of it, it's super easy to maintain.

For example, search for a set, say 2021 Topps. If you click on the "Collection Summary" option on the set screen, there are easy "Add/Update Wantlist" and "Add/Update For Sale/Trade List" options. Then it's just clickity-clickity and you're good to go. You can even add parallels and inserts on that page by using the dropdowns above the list. Then repeat. Super easy.
Thanks for the tip. I have entered most of my stuff into Beckett's organizer and don't really want to do that again. I don;t think people can use the trade feature on Beckett unless they are member s though. I think I'm just gonna go the google docs route

I just joined that site also