May 2022 Show Off Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View attachment 77360Untitled by Brett Blair, on Flickr

I know this card isn't really a big deal,but it is to me. About 8 months ago I started on a vintage set building journey with the first set being from the year I was born,1973. This is the final card I needed to complete the set in VG/EX condition. I'm super stoked and now off to work on the much much tougher 1972 Topps set.
8 months is awesome. It took me two years to do the 73' set.

View attachment 77360Untitled by Brett Blair, on Flickr

I know this card isn't really a big deal,but it is to me. About 8 months ago I started on a vintage set building journey with the first set being from the year I was born,1973. This is the final card I needed to complete the set in VG/EX condition. I'm super stoked and now off to work on the much much tougher 1972 Topps set.
I'm also debating starting on that 72 set, my birth year. I picked up the Carew IA at a local card show on saturday, and the dealer gave me a piece of advice, that the prudent way to go about it, is concentrate on the tougher high numbers as much as possible. It made sense, as those are a lot rarer than the low numbers.

I'm also debating starting on that 72 set, my birth year. I picked up the Carew IA at a local card show on saturday, and the dealer gave me a piece of advice, that the prudent way to go about it, is concentrate on the tougher high numbers as much as possible. It made sense, as those are a lot rarer than the low numbers.
I have a good amount of the non-high numbers. For the high numbers I gotta budget myself because they can get pricey so I'm just gonna knock off a few at a time at the monthly show where I can inspect the cards in person before I buy. Bought a bunch of 72 mid-highs from someone on another site and he advertised no creases,yet when I got them about 10 cards had some sort of crease or indentation. He made good on it and sent me replacements so all worked out well in the end.

P.S. Andrew is actually 83 years old.

So, not a card, but I happened upon this Nathan Scheelhaase jersey yesterday afternoon at the local resale shop in our hometown for a buck. Yes, $1 and a frame that was sitting around work waiting to be thrown away, though its in fine shape to hang on our Illini Wall in the garage!

20220520_105421[1].jpg

So, not a card, but I happened upon this Nathan Scheelhaase jersey yesterday afternoon at the local resale shop in our hometown for a buck. Yes, $1 and a frame that was sitting around work waiting to be thrown away, though its in fine shape to hang on our Illini Wall in the garage!

View attachment 77790
An autograph would look great on that 2

I think you got the raw end of the deal. This guys career never panned out, lol......

Billy
HA! Yeah, who is that guy, thought I saw him play in STL once or twice??

A friend of mine years ago told a story about his buddy who went to spring training, and entered a raffle to win a tour around the clubhouse, on the field, and play catch with a Cardinals player. So the guy gets his ticket picked, and is really disappointed that he got paired with this rookie, who nicely signed a baseball for him at the end of the experience.

Of course this was 2001, and the rookie got hot pretty quick that season.....

usa_today_16014012.jpg