Met and talked with Dmitri Young tonight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeffo65

MVP
5.00 star(s)
My wife and I went to the local Independent League baseball game tonight between the River City Rascals and Oakland County Cruisers. We arrived early and were looking through the teams rosters when I saw the name Dmitri Young. There could only be one Dmitri Young, so I looked for him on the field. Once I spotted him, I made my way to the field to say hello. I do remember seeing him play a few games in 1997 with the Cardinals. We ended up talking for about 15 minutes before the game. He said he is the Vice President and Senior Advisor of Baseball Operations and Special Hitting and Fielding Instructor of the Oakland County Cruisers minor league baseball team. He asked if we come to the games often and that was when I told him that one of the boys on the Rascals was on one of my HS Summer leagues teams that I coached and we came often to see him play.

It was nice to talk with him. No autographs were had, just another memory.

So if anyone is looking to send for an auto, send it to Oakland County Cruisers minor league baseball team.

I have looked into this, and can't find an address for the team as they don't have a stadium. Did he mention how many he would do? I would like to send a package with some cards and then my ticket stub from his 3 HR day on Opening Day 2005.

When we were done talking he asked if I wanted him to sign something and I said I did not have anything for him to sign and that I really did not need anything.

Nice, good to hear about him. When he was in my town about a month ago playing Normal, IL in the same baseball league, he got busted for pot.

my nephew plays on a team with Billy Martin III and his dad, Billy Martin, Jr. represents Dmitri's younger brother, Delmon Young. Martin constantly talks about how cool Delmon is...sounds like Dmitri is also...

thanks for sharing

You should read the SMR article about Dmitri Young and his PSA rookie collection, he has pretty much every PSA 10 HOF rookie from 1948-present, he keeps them in a bulletproof case.

That would be fairly easy to do if you too had earned roughly $50 million in your short career!!!

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/y/youngdm01.shtml

I started with my company in 1998. I have a pretty decent collection considering my income, but I have not even cracked the $1 million mark in that same time frame!

You should read the SMR article about Dmitri Young and his PSA rookie collection, he has pretty much every PSA 10 HOF rookie from 1948-present, he keeps them in a bulletproof case.

That would be fairly easy to do if you too had earned roughly $50 million in your short career!!!

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/y/youngdm01.shtml

I started with my company in 1998. I have a pretty decent collection considering my income, but I have not even cracked the $1 million mark in that same time frame!

True, with 50 mil that wouldn't exactly be hard. The article said he had most of the PSA 9's also, he just buys them as soon as he sees them. But atleast he appreciates what he has and is very protective of the cards.

Whatever is said, it's nice that he was willing to talk to you for 15 minutes. I don't collect auto's but memories and that is a great one to have.

Todd

I found this address a few months back after I saw a newspaper article him being named...

Young, Dmitri – c/o Oakland County Cruisers Baseball - 277 Summit Drive - Waterford, MI 48328