MIA from my 2010 Topps Jumbo boxes (UPDATED 26 FEB 10)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dankir96

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I finally got the chance to open my three jumbo boxes of 2010 Topps cards. Each box was missing the following...

1 BLACK PARALLEL card (each box should have ONE)
5 "WHEN THEY WERE YOUNG" cards (each box should have TEN)

I will write to Topps and let them know so that I can receive my missing cards. Did anyone else have this problem with their jumbo boxe(s)?

I printed out the advertisement that Charm City Cards (where I purchased the cards from) has posted on their webste. It clearly states that I will receive these items in my jumbo box. I also checked Blowout Cards site and it said the same thing. I'v had problems like this in the past. I simply write a letter explaining what I was missing and I include the UPC symbols from each box and my receipt. Topps will send me my missing cards. I guarantee it.

Last edited:
Not with the Jumbo Boxes, but with the retail boxes from Walmart, the Black Packs were missing base and cards in general from the stated 8 cards, I was getting 6 and 7.

I finally got the chance to open my three jumbo boxes of 2010 Topps cards. Each box was missing the following...

I will write to Topps and let them know so that I can receive my missing cards. Did anyone else have this problem with their jumbo boxe(s)?

Actually yes. I had the same distribution in my box. Didnt realize it was a problem. LMK what they say to you. I already threw out my box so I wont be able to get anything from them anyway.

Thanks,

Jeff

i am unsure they will do anything.... does it guarentee you will get 1 black? the stated odds are just that.. doesnt guarentee you will get one... just like scratch off loto tickets... odds might be 1 in 3 to win $1, but if you buy 3, doesn;t mean you will win anything... doesnt hurt to try though... make sure you send the upc from the bottom of the box with a receipt if possible

I stopped buying the Topps Hobby boxes a few years ago. To me, not worth the money. I just want the base set anyway, so my reason to buy may not be the same as everyone else.

Todd

Last edited:
i am unsure they will do anything.... does it guarentee you will get 1 black? the stated odds are just that.. doesnt guarentee you will get one

That is the response most people get from Topps in reference to these problems. Sometimes you beat the odds, sometimes you don't. I seriously doubt they will do anything.

I printed out the advertisement that Charm City Cards (where I purchased the cards from) has posted on their webste. It clearly states that I will receive these items in my jumbo box. I also checked Blowout Cards site and it said the same thing. I'v had problems like this in the past. I simply write a letter explaining what I was missing and I include the UPC symbols from each box and my receipt. Topps will send me my missing cards. I guarantee it.

Love the Men's Wearhouse reference! (Even if unintended!!)

As noted above, the product guarantees only one autograph, two relics (sure not to say game used) and I think it is 497 or 498 cards -- can't remember if autos require one less card in the pack like the relics. Everything else is just stated in odds form.

I've been on the good side and bad side of odds. I got one legend SP last year despite being 1:15 jumbo packs and I picked up 3 jumbo boxes. Last year I got two blacks in one jumbo. They're still ingering on my desk for trade. I got no autos or relics in one jumbo in 2008 (they reimbursed both but were the lowest autos and relics...). But in 2007 U&H I did get 6 autos in one jumbo -- two in one pack!

Topps has always been screwy with their quality control. Best of luck and let us know how it plays out!

-Justin

I think your gripe is with Charm City, not Topps. The ad on the Charm City website is wrong. It has the odds of getting a black parallel as 1:10, which would be one per box.

The odds on the jumbo packs are clearly marked as being 1:19, which would basically be one in every two boxes, but not guaranteed.

I know I didn't get any black parallels in my two Jumbo boxes, but I can't fault Topps for that. Just my bad luck.

Aaron

I think your gripe is with Charm City, not Topps. The ad on the Charm City website is wrong. It has the odds of getting a black parallel as 1:10, which would be one per box.

The odds on the jumbo packs are clearly marked as being 1:19, which would basically be one in every two boxes, but not guaranteed.

I know I didn't get any black parallels in my two Jumbo boxes, but I can't fault Topps for that. Just my bad luck.

Aaron

I disagree. Charm City Cards, Dave & Adam's and Blowout Cards ALL state that there is ONE BLACK PARALLEL card per jumbo box. They all can't have bad info. I wrote my letter and I will mail it tomorrow. I'll let you all know what comes back from Topps.

As I said Topps would do, they did. I received the missing 15 WHEN THEY WERE YOUNG insert cards & the 3 missing BLACK PARALLEL cards. Kudos to Topps!

They did the same thing for me for my missing/damaged retail black borders from this years blaster as well.
They are very prompt with their service.
Zac

Wow, I am impressed with your results. I've gotten the "odss makes no guarantees" spiel before. I knew they replaced damaged cards, but not "missing" cards unless they are the guaranteed to be in there. Congrats on getting what you were promised! Hopefully similar problems get solved in the manner yours did.