Mickey Mantle autographed cachet opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GUCD231

Pro
4.90 star(s)
Well I am looking for opinions on the auto as I know theres plenty of members who would do a better job than PSA.So lmk what you think as I have seen a few of these and the autograph looks legit to me but again what do I know.Thanks,Steve.
envelopes_zpsf58196ff.jpg

i am by no means an expert, but from any mantle autos i've seen, it sure looks legit. i'm assuming he signed these around the time of the stamp, so it explains how clean the strokes are. and the M's especially look real to me.

but again, i'm not an expert either, lol

paul

here is mine, which is certed.. see the differences? look at the first M and the Y. Also the Mantle is always above the Mickey
mantle.jpg

i did take notice of that first M when i gave my opinion. but i also know that a person cannot write the same exact signature.

that being said, it looks pretty spot on to your dewayne, except that first M. again, just my opinion :)

paul

That is intresting as I have come across certified sigs that have both M's looped and both closed.Also keep in mind it's in ball point pen which has more definition than a sig in a sharpie.I do see the Mantle is also raised on my example.

the bottom line is you are going to have to decide if it is good enough for you or not.. me personally? I wouldn't risk my money but it's not my money here. As a side note I learned good versus bad from a former teammate of Mantle.

I agree.I'm just not seeing a significant difference in the 2 autos.I also looked for the differences you did state and found them on the same type of documents that are also certified by PSA/DNA.If you don't mind me asking who is the authenticator of yours? 'Not trying to sway myself either way just trying to get my education before making a decision.

Here's the samples.
KGrHqUOKoYE5koSPpBFBOeSZu8Emw60_57_zps0ab731b5.jpg

KGrHqUOKjME5wRCd1BOeSZi1Mn60_57_zps1b584981.jpg

KGrHqJhwE5dMWvOjOBOeSYKmeW60_57_zpsa4db0d02.jpg

the bottom line is you are going to have to decide if it is good enough for you or not.. me personally? I wouldn't risk my money but it's not my money here. As a side note I learned good versus bad from a former teammate of Mantle.

I also have a cerified auto and they look similiar, and have all the key points everyone looks for, but there are fakes out there that have fooled experts so as long as you beleive its real your the only person that has to be happy with it just as a add on i saw all the pics above and like the psa graded and mine the m in mantle doesnt connect with the a almost never if ever.

Last edited:
Moose Skowron is the one who showed me what they looked like. He had an amazing ton of stuff from when he played thats been passed down. I just do not like the look of it that's all but if its good to you thats all that matters