Mike Trout Topps Heritage 2012 #207....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t.rooster

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
I see this card presented as a RC often. Other 2012 Trout cards are not described in this way. The back even shows a one year total with the Angels, being what would be described as a second year card... I know, sometimes, if the call-up is late enough in the season a card can get away with being a RC, but it will still have the minor league totals on the back.
This card certainly draws a higher value as a base card than any other 2012 cards, I believe. What are your thoughts on this? I've just been seeing this card's description and have wondered about it.

Mike Trout had several RCs in 2011. Topps Heritage didn't do a high Numbers set in 2011. That would have been the place for him to have a Topps Heritage RC. The 2012 TH is his first Topps Heritage card, but I see it has taken a big hit downward with Beckett value ove the past few years.

Similarly, his first Topps Chrome card was in 2012. It carries a premium since it is his first appearance in Chrome, but like Heritage it would not be considered an RC. BTW, Trout was in the 2011 Topps Heritage Minors set.

The pandemic put a lot of focus on superstar second year cards because true rookies were too expensive. It’s his first heritage card but not a rc