MOD...Please Close

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah Palin - TV Show Host
Arnold Schwartzeneger - Body Builder (not sure how he would fit signature on card)
Rush Limbaugh - Radio Host
Keith Olbermann - Unemployed
Internet Fall in the Fountain Lady - she has to be compensated somehow, right?
Kid Rock - Musician
Chico Escuela - SNL Baseball Character
Justin Bieber - Musician (sales would go through the roof)

Every year whenever A&G comes out I always enjoy seeing who they have in there in regards to autographs and relics. So, that got me to thinking...who might they have in store for us in 2011?

Here is who I would like to see sign and/or have a relic A&G card for the '11 set.

Mike Stanton
Bryce Harper
Matt Kemp (of course)
Jesus Montero
Josh Hamilton
Grady Sizemore
Mike Moustakas
Dan Uggla
Carlos Gonzalez
Barry Zito
Brian Wilson
-----------------
Ryan Shekler - Skateboarder
Travis Pastrana - X Games legend
Mark Zuckerberg - Facebook creator
Stan Lee - Creator of Spiderman, etc.
Rob Dyrdek - Skateboarder
Bib Barker - former Price is Right host
David Copperfield - Magician
Laird Hamilton - Surfer
Erin Andrews - ESPN analyst
Daniel Okrent - Fantasy Baseball creator
Richard "Old Man" Harrison - Pawn Stars star
Megan Fiox - Actress
Walter Ray Williams Jr. - HOF Bowler

Please feel free to comment on my list and/or add some names of your own.

Colvin

Like your suggestion on the Stan Lee auto.
I'd like to see Stephen King and Jack Nicholson.

Folks, the original 1887 50 card Allen & Ginter set
contained only 10 Baseball players. There were bicyclists,
wrestlers, boxers, runners and even Buffalo Bill Cody.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Last edited:
I second on the Rob Dyrdek. Would be cool to see my favorite singer Chris Cornell just my opinion though.

Sarah Palin - TV Show Host
Arnold Schwartzeneger - Body Builder (not sure how he would fit signature on card)
Rush Limbaugh - Radio Host
Keith Olbermann - Unemployed
Internet Fall in the Fountain Lady - she has to be compensated somehow, right?
Kid Rock - Musician
Chico Escuela - SNL Baseball Character
Justin Bieber - Musician (sales would go through the roof)

Ha...those would be cool, I would like to pull the Bieber auto to help pay for my next twenty boxes lol

Only baseball payers PLEASE

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Both Nicholson and King would be awesome!

I won't buy them, but for the sake of the hobby, only baseball players. No animals, regular people and non-sports celebrities. If those are so popular, make a set with everyone but athletes, to sell stand alone.

I would like to see
John Wayne #1
General Robert E Lee ( in war uniform)
Allan Aldean
General Grant ( in war uniform)
Hal Moore ( in war uniform)
But leave the politicians all of the Politicians out.
Maybe even Shirley Temple in " She Wore A Yellow Ribbon auto"
But mostly more baseball players.

Valid point, but if we only reproduced things exactly as they were in the past, then many of the replicards and cards that never existed wouldn't be printed. We have seen many companies reproducing card designs that their competitors used like UD was doing Topps design in their vintage sets. For that matter, A&G was not a Topps issue to begin with. It was a tobacco company. Why are they (Topps) even making the brand now? Did they buy rights to use the name?

A&G in it's original form was a mix of subjects, but today it's mainly being marketed as a baseball issue. The other subjects seem to be popular enough that it might stand on it's own as a mixed subject issue w/o sports or perhaps add in a few sports players, but market it as such and not a baseball issue, in my opinion.

I got a few assorted packs for stocking stuffers at Xmas and was actually irritated to get cards of trees, rocks, guitar players and such. I don't collect that stuff these days and it's taking up positions in a pack that would otherwise be more baseball players!

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Valid point, but if we only reproduced things exactly as they were in the past, then many of the replicards and cards that never existed wouldn't be printed. We have seen many companies reproducing card designs that their competitors used like UD was doing Topps design in their vintage sets. For that matter, A&G was not a Topps issue to begin with. It was a tobacco company. Why are they (Topps) even making the brand now? Did they buy rights to use the name?

A&G in it's original form was a mix of subjects, but today it's mainly being marketed as a baseball issue. The other subjects seem to be popular enough that it might stand on it's own as a mixed subject issue w/o sports or perhaps add in a few sports players, but market it as such and not a baseball issue, in my opinion.

I got a few assorted packs for stocking stuffers at Xmas and was actually irritated to get cards of trees, rocks, guitar players and such. I don't collect that stuff these days and it's taking up positions in a pack that would otherwise be more baseball players!

They did indeed. They have also bought the rights to
reproduce the ATC (American Tobacco Company) cards
T206's. They purchased these some time ago. They do
have the rights to produce more than one printing run.

Collect Hard!,
RGBII

Anyone who signs TTM

James Earl Jones
Patrick Stewart
Most Nascar Drivers
Amanda Beard
Movies or movie characters
Stadium cards (perfect for when you can't find a card for a player to sign)

Status
Not open for further replies.