Most disappointing player to get a g/u card of?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Working on my 2003 timeless treasures gold set serial only 10....ran into a Shawn Green collector for his gold card...had to shell out $70.00...haven't seen one since.....got my Babe Ruth gold serial to 10 for only $24.00!! Best regards, David

David,

You got a Ruth GU for $24? Am I understanding that correctly? If so, that's great!

John

even though i am a huge yanks fan i would have to say jason giambi didnt like him much on the team and pulled like 50+ game used of his

I only have one currently, but at one time I had a couple of Scott Podsednik's. He's not a big name, not many people collect him, and they were hard to get rid of. Still got one from 07 A&G if anyone wants it, lol.

even though i am a huge yanks fan i would have to say jason giambi didnt like him much on the team and pulled like 50+ game used of his

I agree. Even when I am asking for lists of G/U from members and sellers I have to sift through piles of Giambi. Robin Ventura was another one.

Less likely to happen with a player like Benitez, but sometimes those unique cards become wildly popular. There is an abundance of Derek Jeter and Arod GU, but how many have a Benitez?

Works best with pre-war HOFers though. You see guys like Cuyer, Wilson and others with only a few choices and the prices skyrocket!

Armando Benitez bat! Yes, I SAID BAT!!!! When does a relief pitcher who spent most of his career in the AL use a bat??????? I'll bet he never had more than 1. He probably used someone elses. I've always been skeptical about these GU'ed items. This didn't help!

Pudge Rodriguez.

It's not that I didn't like him as a player, but I have a bunch of his GU that I can't really trade much. Also since he has played with so many teams now, no one is really interested in him anymore.

I just returned to the hobby so there isnt one player who keeps popping up. However, Ive pulled a Auto, GU and printing plate all of Pittsburgh Pirates. The GU was of Mazerowski but it even took awhile before finding a taker. I did trade the AU as well, but who wants a printing plate of Steve Pearce???? Thats almost as bad as getting a checklist printing plate!

not a big box breaker so i don't pull as many gu as others may. but i have had 3 miguel tejadas - which i don't think i've ever had more than one of any player gu to trade yet
i have one left and was able to trade the others.

Luis Gonzalez! in fact a couple years back I bought 2 boxes of Fleer FocusJE and pulled the same game used card from each box.....Luis Gonzalez :(