Most overrated card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The vast majority of 1/1 cards. Sure if it's a 1/1 bat knob or fight strap snap, or logo man or something, fine. But just something that is no different from a base card except that it has different colored foil and is the only one printed in that color? Lame.

Going back to an earlier post, I don't feel the Ryan RC is overrated, but Ryan himself was (and I say this as a fan of the guy). Nolan Ryan was the greatest thrower of all time. But he wasn't the greatest pitcher.

Could you imagine if Ryan pitched for the Reds Dodgers Yankees or Redsox and a few other playoff contending teams in the 70's holy crap batman what ya think maybe some 20 win seasons ? and a few Cy Young Awards and MVP's,and the when the Ryan/Koosman RC was released Koosman was the featured player not Ryan

Could you imagine if Ryan pitched for the Reds Dodgers Yankees or Redsox and a few other playoff contending teams in the 70's holy crap batman what ya think maybe some 20 win seasons ? and a few Cy Young Awards and MVP's,and the when the Ryan/Koosman RC was released Koosman was the featured player not Ryan

My point about Ryan the pitcher is that he was very erratic. If you had to win Game 7 of the World Series would you want Nolan Ryan on the mound? I for one would not. Give me Bob Gibson or Tom Seaver any day. While Ryan may strike out 15 guys he might also walk 15. That has to count for something.