Mr. Garvey in for the set 12-10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kugelmanco

MVP
5.00 star(s)
glad to see this one back
will be sending $5 for his charity

Steve Garvey
c/o Dodgers
sent 7-8-10
rec'd 12-10-10

garvey.jpg

stevegarvey.jpg

thanks for viewing, happy collecting!

I feel a little ashamed for my favorite player, who used the wrong "your" in his note. "Thank you for (you are) interest in my career."? Ouch.

Maybe I need to send off to try to get one of those note cards though. It would be a nice add to the collection. Grammatical error not necessary.

Actually, I like the gramatical error. It just goes to show he's human like the rest of us. Terrific success, and a great card signed! I look forward to the day he's elected to the HOF!

I wonder if that will ever happen. I know just before he retired, he was almost a given HOFer. Magazines I have from those days, discussing future HOFers, nearly always had him in the group of sure HOFers. Occasionally he was on the fence, but nobody declared his chances as slim! Perhaps his personal issues helped dampen the spirit. I think his stats warrant election and he was one of the great clutch players, performing when it counted! It's unfortunate, because as great as the Dodger history is, I still think the team as a whole is under represented in the HOF.

Actually, I like the gramatical error. It just goes to show he's human like the rest of us. Terrific success, and a great card signed! I look forward to the day he's elected to the HOF!