MrMopar's 6th Annual Baseball's Back Contest - WINNER ANNOUNCED!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmopar

All-Star
5.00 star(s)
MrMopar's 6th Annual Baseball's Back Contest

The Contest & Rules:

1) I will provide you six (6) statistical categories from which to pick. You must select ONE of the six approved categories.
• H
• HR
• RBI
• W
• K
• SV

2) You will select ONE player who you think will lead the MAJOR LEAGUES in the statistical category you previously selected in step one.

3) Your pick must be posted on this thread in the EXACT format noted below no later than first pitch of the opening day/night game of the 2012 season, planned at this point for April 4, 2012.

STATISTICAL CATEGORY - PLAYERS FULL NAME (FIRST & LAST)

For Example:

W - Greg Maddux

In the event you pick a player who shares a name with another player (even Jr./Sr.), especially of the same position type, then you must specify which player you selected using birth date, team or some other deciding factor. If there remains any doubt or confusion, your pick will be automatically disqualified.

4) At the All Star break, the FIRST person who chose a player and statistical category in which that player lead the Major Leagues will be declared the winner. Bear in mind there may be multiple picks of a player who lead the Majors in the selected category and there may not be anyone who picks the right combination. Leading just their own league is not sufficient either. The player must lead the Major Leagues in the chosen category. Ties for Major League leads will count. For example, both the NL and AL league leaders have 22 HR and someone picked the NL player. That pick would qualify.

In the event of a tie where two or more different picks qualify or multiple people selected the same player/category, again it is the first person who selected their answer that wins. There is no "closest to the pick" award. There will be one winner or no winner, your picks will decide this.

5) ABSOLUTELY NO EDITING OF YOUR POST...PERIOD! IF YOU EDIT YOUR POST FOR ANY REASON, YOU ARE DISQUALIFIED. REMEMBER THE OLD SAYING, "MEASURE TWICE, CUT ONCE." PREVIEW YOUR POST BEFORE YOU SAVE IT.

6) Anyone can enter. However, at the time the contest ends (All Star Break), if you are a member with any special negative avatars related to trading other than being a new trader under 20 trades (MSF, Slow Traded, Suspended, Banned, etc), you will automatically be disqualified. New Traders under 20 trades will need to maintain a 5.0 trade rating though to qualify for the winners circle. This gives everyone a chance to enter and a chance to turn it around if they are struggling. If there is no chance for you to turn it around, don't waste everyones time with a pick.

Good luck and as always, take the time to read the rules. I am a stickler for details and for those incapable of following the simple rules above, you will be eliminated. My contest, my rules!

The prize will be determined. It might be some oddball goodies or an autographed 8x10 or anything else I have handy when the contest ends. I can assure you it will be better than a poke in the eye though!!

Last edited:
CONTEST TRACKING

H
Ichiro Suzuki - Vintage Heros (12)
Robinson Cano - BBonds25 (20)
Joey Votto - katester44 (21)
Jacob Ellsbury - tygercub12 (32)
Buster Posey - metsman1986 (33)
Miguel Cabrera - tfelsmaier (34)
Joe Mauer - Kirbyfan34 (38)

HR
Josh Hamilton - Konel07 (4)
Ryan Braun - gonavy0806 (6)
Prince Fielder - dragonslayer913 (9)
Jose Bautista - cmcjr99 (10)
Albert Pujols - GIANTS FAN (23)
Dan Uggla - Clemson2012 (29)
Miguel Cabrera - TGutta (35)
Jay Bruce - boivingp (37)

RBI
Albert Pujols - cdahlk2001 (2)
Matt Kemp - redsguy (5) - MSF @ time of entry
Adrian Gonzalez - Jaybo374 (15)
Prince Fielder - Pfinder (16)
Miguel Cabrera - criollos (24)
Giancarlo Stanton - loftheb (40)

W
Adam Wainwright - tglg (1)
Justin Verlander - baseball24 (13)
C.C. Sabathia - sfg2829 (17)
Roy Halladay - redsoxfan1979 (18)
Ian Kennedy - cletus_83 (25)
Carlos Zambrano - valediction (27)
Tim Lincecum - Chavezforprez (31)

K
Clayton Kershaw - grapler135s (3)
Brandon Beachy - ian_kell (7)
Justin Verlander - mm1sub (8)
Yu Darvish - mj23bullsfan (14)
Jon Lester - nbritton70 (19)
Zack Greinke - stein1214 (28)
Felix Hernandez - MarinerShark (36)

SV
Heath Bell - gwynn_fan (11)
Craig Kimbrel - mrknicks (22)
Brian Wilson - Mike (26)
Mariano Rivera - zlw1 (30)
Drew Storen - JohnHenrysDad (39)

DISQUALIFIED GUESSES
Paplebon - DaSoxFan - (No first name provided w/ 3 active pitchers in BB Reference named Paplebon)
Justin Verlander - abeabe (baseball24 already selected Verlander for Wins prior, unless baseball24 is DQ'd)
Evan Longoria - Tennelson55 (Edited post)
Giovani Stanton - greyminis (Wrong name)

* RED TEXT means this selector already is or may be disqualified by contest end. Another member may use the same selection and if the original selector is disqualified, the 2nd member may assume the pick.

Of course there may be a risk for the 2nd selector in any case.

Last edited:
HR - Ryan Braun
(So as to avoid any confusion with Ryan Braun, the pitcher; I am selecting the one who used the Juice... allegedly :) )
Thanks for the contest.

HR - Jose Bautista

(as if there were any doubt , i mean the current blue jay slugger , NOT the former orioles pitcher)

Hits - Ichiro Suzuki

And, Opening Day is actually Wednesday the 28th when the Mariners play the A's in Japan...

Thanks! Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.