My 2010 Topps Chrome experience

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bblair_2002

MVP
5.00 star(s)
I'm sure by now many of you have read people's experience with opening 2010 Topps Chrome boxes,both good and bad. Well here's my story and I apologize ahead of time because this may be long-winded:

Yesterday I went to the LCS and purchased a hobby box of Topps Chrome for $65. My previous 2 boxes were pretty satisfactory but this left a super bad taste in my mouth. Half of the cards in my box had some kind of dust/shavings on the cards (including one of the autographs) and I tried to wipe it off one of the base cards and it left a noticeable smear on the card. To make matters worse,I pulled 0 base RCs from the entire box. The other boxes I bought had roughly between 14-16 RCs but this one had none.

I put every card back in the pack they came in with every pack I opened and I felt that I had just wasted $65. I contacted Topps on Facebook and explained to them what happened and asked if I could send the entire box back for replacement. They told me to email support so that's what I did and here was their response:

We are sorry to hear that your recent purchase of a Topps product was guaranteed items. Please note that the policy of the Topps Company regarding the request for missing product items for all current year products requires that the consumer include the following items with their submission:

1) A letter of explanation
2) A copy of sales receipt
3) All pack wrappers & or mini boxes from the product
4) The UPC code (bar code) from the Main box

This should be sent to:

The Topps Company, Inc.
ATTN: Consumer Relations
401 York Ave.
Duryea, PA 18642
ATTN: Consumer Relations

I'm assuming they're giving me the ok to send the entire box back for replacement. I have all they require above so I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I was a fan of Topps Chrome but it looks like I'll just be getting singles from this product from now on.

Thanks for allowing me to vent,
Brett

I am not a fan of the product. While I have not purchased any unopened product, I have received some cards from deals on Ebay. I got a lot of refractors that were curled very badly. Their cutting of the cards was also poor. A lot of off-center cuts and it appeared that their cutting blade was not very sharp. I also noticed more imperfections on the cards than in previous years. I will severely limit my purchase of any of this particular product in the future. Quality control failed this year. I hope they reimburse you somehow for your box.

Barry Urbanek - PogoCards

I've never been a fan of any chrome...thats ashame what happened...hopefully they fix the problem because it seemed like they were being understanding with their response.

Brett, I have dealt with Topps Customer Service for "bad" cards and have been satisfied each time. They have replaced my cards each time including relic cards that were damaged in the pack. Sometmies I recieved the cards as soon as 10 days after sending. Sometimes 3 weeks but was happy with each transaction. Calling customer service for help is another story however. I recommend the mailing method. Mike

Brett, I have dealt with Topps Customer Service for "bad" cards and have been satisfied each time. They have replaced my cards each time including relic cards that were damaged in the pack. Sometmies I recieved the cards as soon as 10 days after sending. Sometimes 3 weeks but was happy with each transaction. Calling customer service for help is another story however. I recommend the mailing method. Mike

My dealings with them in the past replacing damaged cards have also been pleasant with great turnaround time. Topps has a 25 card limit for replacing cards so I don't know how they'll react to a complete box. I figure they'll see the damaged cards along with the missing RCs and hopefully understand why I sent the way I did.

theplasticman - I know I overpaid but most LCSes don't have BlowoutCards prices ;) I'm supporting my local economy lol.

majdic2136 - Funny thing is I asked that I not receive an automated response and that looks exactly what I got.

David - Not gonna buy any Bowman Chrome. Prospects don't really interest me.