My beckett complaint

Kekamba

5.00 star(s)
It seems to me we all have a complaint about this or that in the hobby. Does it bother me that topps is the only company in baseball? No. Does it bother me that some players have more 1/1's than all other release's combined? Yes. Does it seem like BGS give high end Strasburg's better grades than you or I would receive on a nice card? Yes. Does it seem like when topps sends Chris Olds and his posse a box its loaded more than the ones we buy? Yes.

But the thing that bugs me the most right now is with Beckett's OPG. Mon-Thur it runs like a top rarely to never timing out. Checklists download with no problem. But hit Friday evening through the weekend. Im lucky if I can look up a price of a single card within a 30 minute time frame. Im sure this is part of the reason why alot of you guys dont use it any more. But honestly I enjoy visiting and checking stuff out on the site. I have downloaded players checklists that I'll never collect because I like viewing them. But this is annoying.

Ok thats my rant.

Matt

4.90 star(s)
But the thing that bugs me the most right now is with Beckett's OPG. Mon-Thur it runs like a top rarely to never timing out. Checklists download with no problem. But hit Friday evening through the weekend. Im lucky if I can look up a price of a single card within a 30 minute time frame. .

YES!

brewerfan34

5.00 star(s)
But hit Friday evening through the weekend. Im lucky if I can look up a price of a single card within a 30 minute time frame.

I hear you loud and clear!! I'm nearly falling asleep at my computer trying to find BV's!

The only hope I have is that someone from Beckett scans through these boards from time to time, I am not holding my breathe though.

:mad: =Beckett

:D = This thread(I nearly posted one very close to this.)

Frank

Chiefer77

4.90 star(s)
I got so irritated with it at one point that I sent them a nastygram and they game me two months free. I agree, it's really annoying that the site seems to take forever especially when we pay for the service. It's not a ton of money, but it's the principle. I expect that when I pay for a service that I will be able to use that service at my disgression and not when the site feels like working. They need to upgrade their servers.

Kekamba

5.00 star(s)
I got so irritated with it at one point that I sent them a nastygram and they game me two months free. I agree, it's really annoying that the site seems to take forever especially when we pay for the service. It's not a ton of money, but it's the principle. I expect that when I pay for a service that I will be able to use that service at my disgression and not when the site feels like working. They need to upgrade their servers.

I posted a report from the new pres I think is who it was. Anyways he said the issue has been taken seriously and a new server will be released around the first of 2011. There is a link to the article on here somewhere.

poolhalljnkie

5.00 star(s)
Heck, I thought I was the only one with this problem, I pay dearly for the fastest internet my server has to offer & I pay beckett.com for their services & I am completely tired of the "Sorry we could not process your request" screen. Chiefer77 is right, it is the principle that we pay for a site and can only use it 40% of the time. Try organizing a collection of 20,000+ on their my collection service, it takes over 10 minutes just to get the set into your organizing folder & that doesnt count checking the ones that you have into your collection. very very frustrating!!!!!!! Hopefully this new server rumor is true